Constant blue screens

colourised

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Came back from a recent trip from Korea to find my computer is having huge issues randomly blue screening during certain tasks and when installing specific things instantly bluescreening, besides the install there is no specific trigger and can happen at any interval.

Event viewer is giving me this error: Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

I did a clean install of my PC since and installed previous graphics drivers that are stable as well as ensure all my components are seated correctly.
Any help would be appreciated as i'm lost.

colourised

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

Yes, even after a clean install i'm getting the same blue screens and errors although thats after installing the basic drviers.

the app error just means you did not have permissions on that folder or it was not found.

most likely it will not be related to any bugcheck.

general procedure for a bugcheck is to update the motherboard bios and drivers and see if you still bugcheck. if you do then you would put the windows diagnostic dump from c:\windows\minidump directory on to a cloud server like microsoft one drive, share the files for public access and post a link.
you could also try a automated bugcheck reader like bluescreenview or whocrashed.exe and see if they indicate the source of the problem . helpful in about 10% of the time.

colourised

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

I have updated drivers, and used WhoCrashed to find out why the blue screen was happening which only came back saying to use a stable graphics driver which i changed to and still the blue screen happens.

provide the mini dump file. there are too many bugchecks codes to guess which one you might have.
here is the basic list, each has many parameters and error codes.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-code-reference2

colourised

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

https://lincolncollege-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/284126_student_lincolncollege_ac_uk/EVkRnKAReVdBma8UG9N6TpsBEq7qoEFkKeXi5eIEPohsXA?e=NZ2IHO
https://lincolncollege-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/284126_student_lincolncollege_ac_uk/Ef77G-cgk6RHonNNvLx_Y3sB5Os3Un7BqbKVKRpEEodV0Q?e=Bf6l5f
Hope this is what you're asking for.

second bugcheck looks like the first one,
first bugcheck took 6 hours, second one 20 mins
it could be overheating, it could be a full hard drive (free up some space) it could be bad sectors on your disk where your pagefile.sys is located (or disk errors)
you can turn off the system virutal memory, reboot and delete the hidden c:\pagefile.sys then turn on the system virtual memory to get a new one created.
be sure to run a tool like crystaldiskinfo.exe to check the drive for reported errors.

--------------
first bugcheck was in directx graphics.
the bugcheck was VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
the error code was ffffffffc000009a =
2: kd> !error 0xc000009a
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009a (3221225626) - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

it looks like a old system, I would make sure there is free space on c:\ so that the pagefile.sys can expand.
I would also download and run crystaldiskinfo.exe and read the smart errors from the drive to see if the drive is failing.

your system have many old drivers, the sound driver can corrupt the memory buffer of the graphics driver. you should look at the manufactures website and see if you can get a sound driver update for i
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys Tue Aug 7 03:49:39 2012

if your drive is not about to die, I would update the bios and motherboard drivers to the current or last version.
I would blow out any dust from the cpu , gpu and power supply fans if you can.

will take a quick look at the other bugcheck

colourised

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

I regularly clean my computer so there is very minimal dust already and my temps are fine, as i said i reinstalled the system and all drivers are up to date except from the GPU as i was previously using the latest and was having the same issue and reverted to a more stable version but that changed nothing.
Crystaldisk doesn't detect either of my drivers SSD or HDD and my HDD is untouched with plenty of space meanwhile my SSD has a good 100gb so space is not an issue.
Not sure how to go about turning off virtual memory and removing the pagefile.sys though but even after re-doing everything besides that the blue screens are still occurring .

colourised

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Additionally it's blue screening multiple times a day and using software such as WhoCrashed i can realise that it's not creating dump files for the recent crashes last log was the 14/10/2018 although it's been doing it daily.
EDIT: ran disk check errors and memory diagnostic on my system and both came back clean, completely lost on where to go now.

you should goole "how to force a memory dump using a keyboard" then make the registry settings and force a memory dump of the working system. I can take a quick look and see if I see any obvious problems.

generally, you will not get a memory dump if, there is a problem with the storage subsystem. The bugcheck will display on screen but can not be written to disk.

if your your motherboard detects a power problem, it will reset the CPU and there will not be a bugcheck on the screen or one written to disk. the screen just stops updating and you start to reboot.