Question Constant bluescreens with "DPC Watchdog Violation"

Netherspark

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
I temporarily transplanted my CPU, RAM, GPU and secondary NVME drive to a different system to check the motherboard, and now that I've put the main system back together it keeps randomly freezing and bluescreens, telling me "DPC Watchdog Violation".

Everything I can find online links this crash to an SSD, but I can't see how. The system was working perfectly before. The crashes occur whether the secondary drive is installed or not.

Please help?

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Probably something wrong with drivers or core system files as a result of system swaping. You should reinstall the all drivers and afterwards try to fix any problems with system file like that:

1.Open Command Prompt (right click on it and "Run as Administrator") then type CHKDSK C: /F /R then press enter. It will ask you to schedule scan on next startup, type y and enter again. Restart pc and let it do it's thing.
2.After you're back into the system open Command Prompt again as above but this time type in SFC /scannow and enter. This should hopefully fix ur issues.

Netherspark

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Unfortunately this didn't help. It did repair some corrupted files, but hasn't stopped the bluescreens.

I've also tried a system restore but it failed. And apparently there's only one restore point, for some reason.

I think I'm going to try reinstalling windows.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Okay new route, since you went through the trouble of reinstalling windows and still get this, well we can't rule out corrupted system files since ur ssd might be really dying and dropping them on the fly. However let's try this approach, go to bios, select "Load Optimized Defaults" and "Save&Exit". See how are thing after. You'll loose some saved setting such a oc or skipping boot logo but you can change it anytime.