Question Constant BSODs after boot drive replacement ?

rizzeh

Reputable
May 20, 2020
Hi everyone,

I replaced my failing SSD boot drive a few months ago and I am still experiencing BSODs. Today, the only way I could replicate this was by installing a game and as the installer reached 90%, this exact BSOD would happen. Also, I'm not sure why, but my BSOD screens only show for a few milliseconds before the computer shuts down so I am not sure how I can get the exact line of code. Is there a way to change those settings?

Screenshot from Event Viewer:
View: https://imgur.com/a/WN0N64S

System Specifications:
Motherboard: Gigabyte AX-370 Gaming 3 (F50d)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 4 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz (Clocked at 1333mhz / XMP)
Boot Drive: 1TB Samsung SSD 870 Evo
Adtl Storage/s: 1TB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 (HDD)
Adtl Storage/s: 480GB Kingston SA400S37480G (SSD)

What I've Tried:
1. chkdsk | sfc /scannow | DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
2. Fresh install of Windows 10 via USB (Thrice)
3. Change the SATA cables between the drives.
4. Remove two sticks of ram, only using 2 rather than 4.

Thanks!
riz

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to look at the PCB revisions for the sticks of ram and if they're identical.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios
You have BIOS updates pending. Flash to the latest, then clear the CMOS and see if that brings about stability.

Where did you source the installer for your OS? Did you install said OS in an offline mode? Did you manually install all drivers relevant to your platform in an elevated command, prior to connecting to the internet to update the OS?

You might want to pass on a screenshot of what Disk Management looks like. You've also forgotten to pass on the make and model of your PSU and it's age alongside the make and model of your case(in case you're having a thermal issue).

rizzeh

Reputable
May 20, 2020
You might want to look at the PCB revisions for the sticks of ram and if they're identical.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios
You have BIOS updates pending. Flash to the latest, then clear the CMOS and see if that brings about stability.

Where did you source the installer for your OS? Did you install said OS in an offline mode? Did you manually install all drivers relevant to your platform in an elevated command, prior to connecting to the internet to update the OS?

You might want to pass on a screenshot of what Disk Management looks like. You've also forgotten to pass on the make and model of your PSU and it's age alongside the make and model of your case(in case you're having a thermal issue).

Thanks Lutfij! I forgot to mention that they're two different pairs of the same brand when it comes to the ram. (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX & 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB) I'll go ahead and update the BIOS but, in the meantime, here is a screencap of my disk management.

Disk Management ScreenCap:
View: https://imgur.com/a/bYlpD8V

Regarding the Windows installation, I got it straight from Windows/Microsoft and installed via USB. With the drivers, I downloaded directly from Gigabyte's support page for AX-370 + GPU drivers directly from Nvidia.

ubuysa

Distinguished
Can you please download the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp and save it to the Desktop. Then run it and upload the resulting zip file to a cloud service with a link to it here. The SysnativeBSODCollectionApp collects all the troubleshooting data we're likely to need. It DOES NOT collect any personally identifying data. It's used by several highly respected Windows help forums (including this one). I'm a senior BSOD analyst on the Sysnative forum where this tool came from, so I know it to be safe.

You can of course look at what's in the zip file before you upload it, most of the files are txt files. Please don't change or delete anything though. If you want a description of what each file contains you'll find that here.

rizzeh

Reputable
May 20, 2020
Can you please download the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp and save it to the Desktop. Then run it and upload the resulting zip file to a cloud service with a link to it here. The SysnativeBSODCollectionApp collects all the troubleshooting data we're likely to need. It DOES NOT collect any personally identifying data. It's used by several highly respected Windows help forums (including this one). I'm a senior BSOD analyst on the Sysnative forum where this tool came from, so I know it to be safe.

You can of course look at what's in the zip file before you upload it, most of the files are txt files. Please don't change or delete anything though. If you want a description of what each file contains you'll find that here.
Hi ubuysa,

Thank you so much for the reply! I've just finished the scan and experienced some hiccups. I'm not sure if they're relevant but these lines were displayed:

- The services report took too long to generate... skipping
- The tracert report took too long to generate... skipping

Aside from those two, there weren't any other errors. Also, I appreciate the note that you don't collect any personal data. However, I've noticed the zip contained my IP addresses. Is that necessary to upload along with the zip or is it okay for me to omit that from the upload?