Question Constant bsod after nov. 25 2019, please help.

Nov 27, 2019
Made this new build with fresh install on windows 10:

Motherboard: AMD B450 Gaming Plus (New)
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 (New)
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super WINDFORCE OC 3X 8G (New)
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2400 (Old)
SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 500GB (New)

Around October 25th and everything was fine till one day i randomly start getting lots of bsod's while sitting at desktop. None of them occurred during gaming. Usually it would happen when i was just browsing chrome or not doing anything. I ended up fixing the problem by updating to the latest bios and everything was fine. Fast forward to a few days after RDR2 PC release, i decided to update to the latest bios in order to play out of desperation (i know...). MSI had just released this bios so i was skeptical but it worked perfectly fine, no bsods or weird crashes until a few days ago on the 25th. The day before i was gaming like a madman with no issues. I was gone all day on the 25th so i cant say what happened but after that day i started getting plenty of bsods. Now its back to the old problem. bsods in desktop but not during gaming. sometimes its instant on boot or sometimes it takes a bit. I keep reading that it could be driver related so i tried that to the best of my knowledge and still bsods. I caved in an reverted back to the old bios thinking this would solve the problem but within the first 5mins i got bsod. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also all the bsod error codes were all over the place. Multiple errors, not just a single error. irql_not_less_or_equal, Page fault in nonpaged area and a few others i cant remember but will update if it happens again.

You may have a memory issue...I'd recommend trying to run memtest and see what it tells you. Both irql_not_less_or_equal and Page fault in nonpaged area are usually memory related, but not always.

Post back with your power supply info and memtest results if you can get it to run.

TRENDING THREADS