Constant BSOD and stuttering in games

Athelian

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Hi,

For a while now I have been getting random stutters and BSODs when playing games (I run most at 120 fps). Running at this frame rate puts a slight strain on the system, however both video card and processor temperatures never exceed 70C.

I have reformatted and updated the BIOS and graphics drivers, however the problem remains.

At this point would I be safe in assuming that this is 100% a hardware problem? At the moment I am thinking either RAM or CPU: I upgraded the RAM a long time ago (also switched to SSD) and it's possible that I damaged the sticks or bought incompatible ones; the CPU came overclocked from the factory and it's possible that I have messed up the clock by updating the BIOS, however even on loading optimised defaults and removing the overclock the problem remains.

Would anyone have any helpful ideas for this issue? I am not technically gifted but can work towards fixing this with some direction.

System Specs:
6b8269da2d.png

Thanks,
~A

Athelian

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

Thanks! That's a great program.

This is the output:
c41bb54b78.png

All the dump files show the same result. Is this a driver issue for the CPU?

neieus

Distinguished
Looks like some sort of hardware device or driver caused the NTKernl to crash. I'm not sure why it's mentioned a possible thermal problem but but it wouldn't hurt to clean out your PC just to be safe because 70c to me seems high but I'll admit I know little about Intel CPU's. I would also try removing or uninstalling some of your hardware such as USB devices or adapter cards you may have internally installed one at a time until your system stops crashing. Once you've done that then the last thing you installed most likely was causing the problem.

Henry-Johnson

Reputable
May 7, 2015
Looks to me like what everybody has above, but I would check your PC's power supply just in case and make sure it isn't overloaded. I had to replace a power supply here not to long ago because it was overheating and it cause my computer to crash. But the studdering part seems to be more like a hardware malfunction or an overheating issue.

change your memory dump type to kernel rather than a minidump, reboot your machine,
when you get the next bugcheck, put the c:\windows\memory.dmp file on a server like microsoft onedrive and post a link.

I can check to see what hung the processor. Common for a USB driver being loaded via plug and play to cause a CPU core to hang.
(most often a wireless usb ethernet driver)