[SOLVED] Constant BSOD and System File corruptions

xrh

Sep 12, 2020
www.youtube.com
As of yesturday my PC has been getting loads of random BSOD, and error codes indicating there are corrupt system files.
So the 1st error code I got was 0xc0000221 which was saying my OS couldn't be loaded due to the kernel being missing or containing errors and the file it was showing was ntoskrnl.exe, then I got the same error code but the reason was different as it said The header checksum for this file doesn't match the computed checks and the file was winload.efi. After both of those I then got a new error code which was 0xc0000001 and it was sayong my PC couldn't turn off properly when I never tried to turn it off. An issue I found out it could've been was my overclocks as I had recently OC my CPU, RAM and GPU 2 days before the issue started accuring so I underclocked everything and put it back to its previous values and well that didn't work.

So all of last night and today I've been trying loads of different trouble shoots being, Installing a clean windows on a new drive, Reinstalling windows on my current drive using the media tool to keep my files, Running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth in CMD, Running sfc /scannow in CMD, Running chkdsk /f C: in CMD, I used the sfc log text file to find what couldn't be repaired using the sfc scan and then manually replacing the corrupted file(s). None of these have seemed to work however today I was able to use my pc without a problem for around 2/3 hours today when previously I haven't been able to run it for more than an hour so thats progress I guess.

If anyone has had any experience with these types of issues and how to have a permanent fix please help me!

My PC Specs are:
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
GPU - RTX 3070 FE
PSU - 850w NZXT C850
Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX b550-f gaming
RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengance 3600Mz
HDD - Seagate Barracude 2TB
SSD - TcSunbow 60GB and 240GB WD Green M.2

Solution
So the 1st error code I got was 0xc0000221 which was saying my OS couldn't be loaded due to the kernel being missing or containing errors and the file it was showing was ntoskrnl.exe, then I got the same error code but the reason was different as it said The header checksum for this file doesn't match the computed checks and the file was winload.efi. After both of those I then got a new error code which was 0xc0000001 a
these are all boot errors.

Installing a clean windows on a new drive,

If you clean installed win 10 the problems should be gone.

used the sfc log text file to find what couldn't be repaired using the sfc scan and then manually replacing the corrupted file(s)
how does one manually replace files...

Colif

Win 11 Master
So the 1st error code I got was 0xc0000221 which was saying my OS couldn't be loaded due to the kernel being missing or containing errors and the file it was showing was ntoskrnl.exe, then I got the same error code but the reason was different as it said The header checksum for this file doesn't match the computed checks and the file was winload.efi. After both of those I then got a new error code which was 0xc0000001 a
these are all boot errors.

Installing a clean windows on a new drive,

If you clean installed win 10 the problems should be gone.

used the sfc log text file to find what couldn't be repaired using the sfc scan and then manually replacing the corrupted file(s)
how does one manually replace files?
there shouldn't be any corrupted files on a clean install.

I would think about running scans on your ssd if you still getting errors.
I can't find any tools for the 60gb drive - you might be better using the m.2
this might work on the WD m.2 - https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en&p=3
this works for the hdd - https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-win-master/

Last edited:
Solution
Dec 18, 2020
Steps for starting Safe Mode from the sign-in screen:
  1. Restart your computer.
  2. On the sign-in screen, select 'Power' > 'Restart' while holding down the Shift key.
  3. Your computer will restart again but this time will load an options screen. Select 'Troubleshoot' > 'Advanced options' > 'Startup Settings' > 'Restart'.
  4. Your computer will restart for the third time and display another list of options, including the option to start your PC in Safe Mode. Follow the instructions based on how you’d like to use your computer:
    a) Hold down F4 or 4 to boot in Safe Mode.
    b) Hold down F5 or 5 to boot in Safe Mode with Networking (if you’d like to have internet access).
  5. Steps for starting Safe Mode from a blank screen:
    Hold down the Windows logo key (normally between CTRL + ALT on your keyboard) at the same time as pressing Ctrl, Shift + B. If you’re running Windows 10 on a tablet, you’ll need to press the increased volume and decrease volume buttons together three times within a two-second period.
    You should see the screen dim or flutter and hear a beep, which means that Windows is trying to refresh.

Booting in safe mode might help since the errors you mentioned are all related to boot.
Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Jerry M.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Problem isn't boot though, if you read 2nd paragraph he has since clean installed so all the problems in top paragraph shouldn't happen on the new drive.

Also most of time you get a BSOD at boot screen you can't get to step 2.

that and plagiarism is bad :)

0xc0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} The image %hs is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum

Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000001 (3221225473) - {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Be sure you check for the simple stuff, IE check the power cable and sata cable to the drives. Maybe move the data cable to a different port.
some ports can have special meanings on different systems. A loose connection can really cause some strange results.
often a slower sata port will work without errors, while the faster port has problems until device drivers or the bios is updated.