[SOLVED] Constant BSOD and unable to re-install Windows 10

Oct 26, 2019
Hi everyone.
I recently built this pc ehuch was working just fine for about 3 weeks untill I got a BSOD while gaming. I thought it would be a one-off as happened with my older pc so I didn't bother to check. But then a couple days later I got another BSOD, this one never restarted my pc as it was always stuck on 0%, so I had to manually restart with the restart button on my case, only to get another BSOD. I did everything I could from trying to repair windows with the advanced options menu you get after a BSOD, to getting into the BIOS and setting everything back to default properties (all I did in there was setting the ram from 2133 to 3200 mhz with the Auto option enabled on the voltage. Which worked perfectly fine for 3 weeks. No CPU or GPU overclocking. The RAM is rated at 3200 mhz btw.)

So after none of the above options worked, I simply opted to do a fresh reinstall of Windows, which I did from a USB drive with Win 8.1 and then download the Win 10 media creation tool (as I did when I built the PC) only this time I get a BSOD immediately after getting to 100% on the Win 10 installation process, taking me back to 8.1 which seems to be working just fine.

All I did during these ~3 weeks on my pc was play some games, do some drawings on Krita, used After Effects once, and then some web browsing youtubing, and Spotify and that was it.

The games were not even demanding (warframe, destiny 2, etc) for an RTX 2070 + Ryzen 2700X.

I really need some help here, I'm not particularly tech savvy, Just know a few things here and there just like every other gamer.

Thanks in advance.

My Rig:
Mobo: Aorus B450 Pro Wifi
Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700X
Gpu: MSI Armor RTX 2070
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Led 32Gb (4x8gb), 3200 Mhz
Ssd: Kingston Digital 240Gb
Psu: EVGA 600BR

As I mentioned before, no overclocks on anything, just changed the RAM from 2133mhz to 3200mhz with the Auto Voltage option enabled.

Solution
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Is ram on motherboard list?
Oct 26, 2019
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Is ram on motherboard list?
I will run that test as soon as I get home.

As for the latter, do you mean if it is compatible with the motherboard?
As far as I know yes, this the ram I got: Corsair Vengeance... https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B01LYELPLO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The review section is full of people pairing this RAM with several Ryzen builds.

Oct 26, 2019
So I ran memtest86 just now, with all 4 sticks and the test aborted after getting too many errors, over 150k errors.
So I assume it is bad RAM? I didn't run the test on each stick as I would return them all anyway.
Or maybe there is a stick that isn't slotted properly?
Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So I ran memtest86 just now, with all 4 sticks and the test aborted after getting too many errors, over 150k errors.
So I assume it is bad RAM? I didn't run the test on each stick as I would return them all anyway.
Or maybe there is a stick that isn't slotted properly?
Thanks.

Never seen 150k before. I would maybe test 1 stick at a time to see if it repeats.

I would replace ram, thats way over 0 errors