Constant BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe, help!

alexh9

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I've been getting BSOD crashes lately.

I've mainly noticed it while running Cubase 7.5 lately. I have a USB audio interface attached (Focusrite), and I have reinstalled/updated the driver, but it hasn't helped. I've gotten the occasional BSOD in the past, but it's been happening constantly lately, to the point where I can't even run Cubase.

I've run virus/malware checks, and there are no issues. I've also run Whocrashed, and it seems to think it's the Focusrite driver, but as mentioned above, that has been updated without any luck.

Not sure what this is, but it's driving me nuts. Any help is appreciated.

I'm running Windows7 Home Premium x64 SP1

Solution
Hello... Windows has a event Viewer for your crashes...

Make sure you got the proper driver... sometimes a Older driver will work best with these devices and your system... install older drivers as a simple test, you could have a different/older hardware revision/circuit board in your Unit.

APPs Calls can cause them... and OS Calls can cause them... and hardware can cause them... We need to fix/look at them in that order first.

1) Do you have any RED or Yellow marks in your Control panel-Device manager?
2) kernel 41 errors mean the OS was not properly shut down... either by You OR the hardware.

Here is the Windows Event Viewer debug screen... You NEED to be logged on as administrator to the OS...

Right click...
Hello... Windows has a event Viewer for your crashes...

Make sure you got the proper driver... sometimes a Older driver will work best with these devices and your system... install older drivers as a simple test, you could have a different/older hardware revision/circuit board in your Unit.

APPs Calls can cause them... and OS Calls can cause them... and hardware can cause them... We need to fix/look at them in that order first.

1) Do you have any RED or Yellow marks in your Control panel-Device manager?
2) kernel 41 errors mean the OS was not properly shut down... either by You OR the hardware.

Here is the Windows Event Viewer debug screen... You NEED to be logged on as administrator to the OS...

Right click computer-manage-System Tools-Event Viewer-Windows logs-system.... Click on the "RED" "Critical" errors, for more information... and files/drivers/Apps, comments/suggestions/information, General/Details associated with them B )

Expanding Window panes and Posting screen images from here will help us, help you faster... But copy and posting text will work too B )

Solution