[SOLVED] Constant BSOD on Eluktronics Laptop

Jan 3, 2022
Hello everyone,

I've been having these constant BSOD's with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and I am just not able to pinpoint the cause of the problem. Laptop works just fine on Safe Mode (even with the Network Options on) but it immediately crashes when I try to boot it normally. 90% of the time I can't even get to the welcome screen.

From my little understanding of dumps, it mentions something about GenuineIntel.sys so I have tried the Intel Diagnostic Tool on Safe Mode but everything passed. I have also updated the wi-fi card driver and the iGPU Intel driver, as they are also Intel stuff. I also went into the BIOS and disabled the overclocking function because apparently that was on, but everything to no avail.

I hope anyone can help me.

Here are the dump files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mflrgq7wjskVF5z42kC5LYnctB-d481k/view?usp=sharing

Laptop specs:
Eluktronics Mech-15 G3
Intel i7-10870H
RTX 2070 Super
16 Gb of RAM
1 TB Samsung 980 Pro
Windows 10 Home 21H1

Solution
WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture - Its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
It can be any hardware
can be caused by over heating so all vents clear?

So it passed the intel processor diagnostic tool.
need to test rest of hardware as well.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it, just another PC to make it

I will ask a friend to convert dumps but a lot of the time, WHEA errors always look the same. You might be lucky and it might mention a driver.

Colif

Win 11 Master
WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture - Its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
It can be any hardware
can be caused by over heating so all vents clear?

So it passed the intel processor diagnostic tool.
need to test rest of hardware as well.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it, just another PC to make it

I will ask a friend to convert dumps but a lot of the time, WHEA errors always look the same. You might be lucky and it might mention a driver.

Solution
Jan 3, 2022
Thanks for the quick reply.

Just checked all the vents and they're completely free, before it was constantly crashing I was also checking the CPU and GPU Temperatures but they were all pretty normal: around 56°C.

I'm currently doing the memtest86 on one of the RAM sticks. It just finished 1 pass without any errors. I'll keep you updated if anything changes.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/yq3rgw86/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:010222-7968-01.dmp (Jan 2 2022 - 22:04:24)
Bugcheck:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

File information:010222-7765-01.dmp (Jan 2 2022 - 23:57:32)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)

File information:010222-7718-01.dmp (Jan 2 2022 - 18:08:51)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)

File information:010222-7703-01.dmp (Jan 2 2022 - 23:03:29)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:010222-25984-01.dmp (Jan 2 2022 - 22:02:33)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "XtuAcpiDriver.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

System: MECH-15 G3 Ultra
Homepage: https://www.eluktronics.com/MECH-15-G3

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Jan 3, 2022

Just finished the test on each RAM stick and they both passed with 0 errors.

I looked a bit at the dump analyzer but failed to understand much of it... so any input would be appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What is National Instruments Corporation drivers for?

As I said before, most WHEA error reports don't tell me a lot. Yours were no exception.

Could try booting off a linux live USB and see if it can find anything wrong with laptop = https://itsfoss.com/create-live-usb-of-ubuntu-in-windows/

it working fine in safe mode doesn't inform much. it shows the cause isn't that extreme that windows won't work, but it also doesn't mean the hardware is okay, as safe mode isn't as difficult to run as windows normal mode.