Constant BSOD & Probable Hardware Failure?

LordNipple

Reputable
May 24, 2014
Hello guys,

Please help! getting very desperate now.

My PC has been crashing lots recently, lots of blue screens like K mode exception and other hardware/memory related issues.

What I have tried:
Reinstalling gpu drivers, rolling back to older versions, removing lots of data to free space, disk cleanup, defrag, dusted my pc, reinstalled RAM/GPU/HDD/SSD, I tried removing the HDD (win8 stored on SSD) as I believe the HDD to be dying.

The PC seems to run fine, until I open a game, battlefield 4 for example will instantly blue screen my PC but I can run Titanfall just fine, Borderlands 2 will crash or give a blue screen just like most other games.

My PC specs are:
Intel i7 3770k
GeForce GTX 780TI
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM (2x8)
Corsair 850w Modular PSU
120GB SSD (with OS)
32GB SSD (frequently used software)
750GB HDD (storage)
1TB HDD (storage)
Corsair H110 Water Cooling System
HAF X with excellent fans

Because games seem to be the main issue, I thought maybe it could be my GPU.. its a new 780TI (4 months) and if that is dead, im buying a ps4.

Any help would be great guys, thanks.

Nip.

LogicalProcessing

Honorable
May 22, 2014
Hey there,

Since you have been getting a lot of blue screens lately, I am wondering if you have done any error checking on your SSD's and Hard Drives. You can use the built in one that comes with Windows, it will work just fine. To do this, navigate to your computer which shows the hard drives and ssd's, right click on one of the drives and go down to properties, in the tools section...there should be something called "Error Checking" and a button you can click called "Check Now", once you've clicked that, click on "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors." Click start and it will probably ask you to schedule the disk check the next time your computer restarts. Restart the computer, allow it to run through its sequence, then repeat the process with the next drives. See if that has any impact on the blue screens, open up Battlefield 4 and see if you blue screen.

The reason I don't believe it's your GPU is because you say you can run one game but not the other. If it was your GPU...you wouldn't be able to do anything at all. The blue screens seem to be indicating a hard drive or ssd problem.

If you could, write down and post the Blue Screen Codes that you are getting...that would allow me and the fellow members to take a closer look with Microsoft on what exactly these error codes are indicating.

I'll do anything I can to help you get through this :) .

~ Logic

LordNipple

Reputable
May 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your help!

Unfortunately.. no success

There are no reported errors from the SSDs or the HDDs. I really hope its not my GPU, I ran FurMark tests and other stress tests and it performed excellently as usual with no crashing. I also did a memtest with memtest86+ and no issues.

LogicalProcessing

Honorable
May 22, 2014
Hey there,

Are you still having this issue?

At this point...I would try swapping your video card for another because if it is a graphical issue...a different graphics card would fix it usually...unless its a driver problem.

If that still doesn't work...a complete re-install of Windows would be in order. Backup your Documents, Pictures, and stuff like that but the windows files and games need to be formatted. I know its a pain to get all that stuff back up and running...but you'd be surprised with the results sometimes of what a fresh re-install will do.

I see you're running Windows 8. Windows 8 and gaming do not do well together...no matter what anyone says...Windows 8 isn't the preferred gaming platform. If a re-install still doesn't work...I would recommend going back to Windows 7. Microsoft still has a lot of developing to do to Windows 8. Windows 8 lacks the stability that is required while gaming...where as Windows 7 has the stability and reliability to run games without..."hic-ups."

~ Logic

It sounds like a power supply problem. You can try switching out the power supply with a known working power supply. You can also try monitoring the voltages. The power supply has enough watts to run the day to day computer functions, but causes a fault when the graphics card begins drawing power.

You have already re-seated the RAM. (Did you run memtest?) You have already uninstalled the drivers and loaded latest drivers. (Did you use a driver uninstaller utility?)