Question Constant BSOD when playing games

Colif

Win 11 Master
Conversion of dumps

report - Click run as fiddle to see report

File: 101722-12984-01.dmp (Oct 17 2022 - 17:17:15)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: FIFA23.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)

File: 101722-11593-01.dmp (Oct 17 2022 - 15:43:30)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: hardware (Process: FIFA23.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 28 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)

File: 101722-11546-01.dmp (Oct 17 2022 - 15:15:01)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)]
Probably caused by: hardware (Process: FIFA23.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 41 Min(s), and 56 Sec(s)

File: 101622-6734-01.dmp (Oct 16 2022 - 12:06:11)
BugCheck: [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)]
Probably caused by: Unknown_Image (Process: FIFA23.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 39 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

Fifa was victim, not cause. But it sure is consistent victim.

Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2) Do you have GPU Tweak installed? Its an Asus motherboard so this driver can be part of maybe Armory Crate

Fixes:

try updating bios, you are on: 0403 which was original bios.
Latest is 2601, you only 10 behind.
Don't update bios during storms or if you stand chance of losing power during the operation

Crash 4 mentions Direct X
Most of time its mentioned its the GPU drivers

try running DDU in safe mode, remove Nvidia drivers, boot back into normal mode and reinstall drivers

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Is that one set of ram?
What ssd/hdd do you have?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022
2 x 250gb M.2

"Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2) Do you have GPU Tweak installed? Its an Asus motherboard so this driver can be part of maybe Armory Crate"

I don't have any of these on my pc is there anything else it could be?

I ran windows memory diagnostic and it came back fine.

I did a fresh install the Nvidia drivers in the past couple of days

Colif

Win 11 Master
Nov 02 2020IOMap64.sys ASUS 64-bit Input Output Map driver

its possible windows may have installed this itself, as you have a few other Asus drivers that can be installed by windows update
Jun 01 2021AsIO2.sysAsus Input Output driver
May 19 2022AsIO3.sysASUS Input Output driver

The script I run to convert dumps highlighted that file, I am not saying its the cause.

I did a fresh install the Nvidia drivers in the past couple of days

the crash happened yesterday, it does show you have latest Nvidia drivers. Still might help to run DDU, could be a left over from previous drivers.

Try updating BIOS, it could fix some of the problems as your intel drivers are this year but bios was from 2020.

Memtest tests the ram harder than the windows tester does. It can test areas that windows is occupying now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have any Asus software installed as its likely part of it. Software comes with Asus motherboards or GPU. It is used for changing values of hardware, lets the software adjust fan speeds for instance.

This will show you where it is installed:
download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

You need to scroll to right to get the file name column.

Oct 17, 2022
Hello

i updated the bios but had to fully rest my pc

When i was installing Nvidia drivers my PC crashed again.

ive added the New Dump to the gmail drive

Going to Memtest my ram now

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i updated the bios but had to fully rest my pc
reset PC?
Did you go to

File: 101722-5843-01.dmp (Oct 17 2022 - 22:40:56)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG (1D5)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

In the scheme of things, I don't see that error often
were only 2 drivers running
Nov 07 2020evbd0a.sysBroadcomm NetXtreme 10 gbe

Apr 22 2014nvraid.sysNvidia Nforce RAID Driver
Surely that has to be mislabelled, Nforce raid driver? I had an Nforce motherboard, 15 years ago.
i see it mentioned as being used as a way to bypass anti cheat.

help to install chipset drivers - https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z490-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_download/

is that 2 sets of ram?
https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX432C16FB3K2_16.pdf
How long you used 2 sets together?

Oct 17, 2022
I got locked out of my pc so had to fully reset it so there should be no raid drivers etc (Not that I used them before)

4 x 8gb of ram

Colif

Win 11 Master

Rendarius

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
this odd, - and interesting...
I see some similarities from what problems I have experienced...

Which pertain also to the OLD drivers from Vista and Win7 etc..

If you did a restore/repair/recovery, - there is a chance it actually MAY have added to the problem from hat appeqars to be going on... Like a microsoft server/cloud service had older backed-up data and drivers, - that it has nowdecided to load ,- not only back onto your newer OS installation, - but also has now started its process of using those OLD files/drivers for some silly reason....

smh

My initial issues began after bad Win Updates on Win10, - but progressed further and worse the more I tried to clear them up and eal with them.
You have a good assitance helping you who should be able to get you working better hopefully. If possible I would also recommend to log into and make sure to prevent ANY and ALL synching, and use of Cloud/AD/Azure/Visual Studio/Customer Experince Program etc... whatever microsoft services you ave accessed and logged into in the past.. Something is the root of this Im sure of it.. And think Ill be able to find out soon. Ive narrowed it down to 3-5 potential services I think at this point...
Problem now is that, - you could have these problems established even worse in terms of being now part of Partition recoveries, - or backup images etc...

Sorry I cant be more precise. And wish could help you more but at the moment I figure it best to inform you in hopes it helps prevent things getting further out of control as could be possible.

And I may also be wrong..... shrug But sure seems similar to other hings Ive noticed. May just be related to those Win7 backups microsoft is doing for folks... smh

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi, next time you upload dumps, can you put it in a different folder as I have to compare each time to see which I have already downloaded

Conversion of dumps

File: 101822-8640-01 - Copy.dmp (Oct 19 2022 - 07:55:26)
BugCheck: [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)]
Probably caused by: Unknown_Image (Process: Registry)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)

Even though it doesn't say it, I think that one caused by GPU drivers again. Even after a reset. It follows the same steps in the error text as the Clock watchdog timeout you got in your first post.

try re running DDU and instead of getting drivers from Nvidia, run windows update after restarting in normal mode and see if those drivers are any better.

try running this on CPU - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/19792/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?

clock watchdog can be hardware, CPU was waiting for instructions that never came

Fifa23 seems to BSOD everyones pc. though generally games just reveal weaknesses, they don't cause bsod. Drivers cause bsod for most part.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wish I could tell you for sure. Most of the time if its gpu it won't accept new drivers, yours does though.

Crashing in games is a clue it could be GPU though.

What other games does it crash in?

So you ran memtest?

try running this but follow the precautions (get a win 11 installer at step 2) - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/driver-verifier-instructions.3686888/
it will test the drivers, it will tell us if its them or hardware. It has a nasty habbit of causing boot loops, hence the 3 precautions before running it. Its part of windows, it can just break windows as well.
It will cause BSOD, thats its job. Once it does, give me the files and I see what it shows us.

Oct 17, 2022
I ran memtest for 4/5hours and it all passed

Just fifa really. It was doing it for every game but i got a new psu and removed my wifi card and it stopped.

Colif

Win 11 Master
part of me doesn't want it to be your GPU as I have a 2070 Super and you can't get them anymore... they became hard to get before the 30 series came out. I don't have enough evidence to think it is. Besides Fifa crashing

Do you have anything made by Fujitsu?
Apr 25 2022SmbIch.sys
appears to be from Fujitsu - https://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/smbich-sys/17409698
Fujitsu SMBus controller driver.
was on pc before and after reset.

Mar 21 2022gnf.sys
Regarding gnf.sys driver: file description says "GBT Extreme network driver" and on the copyrights the url GT Booster and it seems to be something that plays along with game first VI, a software by ASUS (i can easily uninstall it, because i don't use all those tweaking sotware.)
the signer is: WDKTestCert JOE,132161285353388853
Source
thats new, only on last crash. I was just identifying it as I didn't have a name for it on file.

you have less Asus running now, thats a good thing

run Driver verifier, if you don't BSOD in 24 hours, turn it off. It will make PC slow and unresponsive while its running. Shut it off as soon as you get a BSOD.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Conversion of dumps

File: 101922-8406-01 - Copyy.dmp (Oct 19 2022 - 17:24:53)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (C4)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vgk.sys
Probably caused by: vgk.sys (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

vanguard AKA Valorants Anti cheat
it has way more access to PC than it should, it may be cause. If you don't play Valorant, take it off and see if it was reason for crashing in Fifa23.

note: driver verifer looks at all drivers, not just running ones. It excplains why I hadn't seen it in dump results until now.

I wonder how well it gets along with Easy Anticheat. They used to disagree. It wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited: