[SOLVED] Constant BSOD windows 10

Mar 5, 2022
My computer is suddently experiencing constant BSOD, at random times without any unique cause i could pinpoint.
This happened ever since i changed my RAM but i dont know if this is the issue.

The BSOD message is always either :

-Unexpected store error

Or

-Critical process died

Mostly unexpected store error.

Sometimes after it crashes it cannot find a bootable drive or before windows loads the screen just turns blue and nothing happens

I'm using a
Asus B250M-K motherboard
Nvidia gtx 1050ti GPU
Pentium g4560 CPU
16G 2133mhz corsair vengeance RAM
Samsung evo 870 SSD
700w psu

Here are of overall infos gathered in search for answers

The motherboard and gpu should handle up to 64g of ram, with speeds of up to 2400mhz, i've manually set the frequency to 2133 because i thought that might fix the issue but it didnt

Voltage of ram is auto between 1,2 and 1.4V

Temperature stable at arround 38°C during use

Memtest didnt find an issue with the ram

I've checked my ssd. Both crystal disk and samsung magician cannot find a failing sector, and put the overall health of the ssd at over 90%.
But samsung magician cannot finish a smart scan because of "failing LBA".

Havent installed any windows updates that could screw things up

Malware scans always come out negative

Can't reset the pc to a previous state, the process always ends up failing with an error

Windows can't create a dump file to analyse it, tried every comon fix but it still refuses to create a minidump
Even in the eventviewer no clue is to find about what caused the crash

Both dism and sfc commands didnt solve anything or find any issues

Should i try to reinstall windows to make sure its a hardware issue ?
And if it is what could be the cause ?
I unfortunately do not have a second pc available to test every component or any spare components, any help is appreciated

Thank you for reading this i hope i managed to make it even a little bit clear

Solution
i would get a new SSD, it might not fail right away but it seems to me there are enough clues its the drive

did you try a full SMART scan? Advice here is to get an RMA on drive if its in warranty period - https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/computers-it/bsods-and-failing-lba/td-p/4306004

-Unexpected store error
the store this refers to is used by CPU to track the location of files in Virtual memory, the actual locations are either in ram or on page file. Often relates to storage drive problems.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would get a new SSD, it might not fail right away but it seems to me there are enough clues its the drive

did you try a full SMART scan? Advice here is to get an RMA on drive if its in warranty period - https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/computers-it/bsods-and-failing-lba/td-p/4306004

-Unexpected store error
the store this refers to is used by CPU to track the location of files in Virtual memory, the actual locations are either in ram or on page file. Often relates to storage drive problems.

Solution
Mar 5, 2022
Thank you for your reply

I've had my doubts on the ssd aswell, i might try it out with a new drive. I have an external drive i could install a linux on and see if the rest of the system is stable

I tried both short and full smart scan, both fail with the exact same message, and the ssd is not on warranty anymore

So could it still be a faulty RAM parameter or bad compatibility ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i think its the ssd from all the signs. With both SMART tests failing to same error, I would take that as a warning. Copy anything off the ssd you want to save, just to be safe now.

Since its only a new thing it could go at any moment or not. A lot of the time ssd just stop, yours is at least giving you a warning. Many people turn PC off one day and its fine and next it can't find the boot drive, and it never comes back.

Another pointer at it being ssd:
Windows can't create a dump file to analyse it, tried every comon fix but it still refuses to create a minidump
Even in the eventviewer no clue is to find about what caused the crash
if its the ssd causing the problem, the PC can't record minidumps as they would be created on the ssd.

Critical process died is less clear but some of the files that can cause it to occur are boot files. It can only happen to Microsoft files, and only so many cause it. I don't have a complete list of them but if any crash Windows has no choice but to crash.

Last edited:

Latest posts