Question constant BSOD

Feb 17, 2019
Hey,
I got my laptop exactly two months ago and ever since i noticed a problem that i can't figure out.
My laptop is connected to a monitor with an HDMI cable most of the time, and almost every night, when my monitor is on standby and my laptop is not being touched for a few hours i get a BSOD.
At first I did not understand what was happening, I woke up in the middle of the night because my laptop's fans were at super speed and making a lot of noise. My laptop's screen was black and I had to restart it using the power button.
One time I got to see the crash at the moment it happend and I noticed a BSOD. It says "Memory managment" but sometime it does not say anything.
It happens only when I have an HDMI cable connected. I tried to replace the cable but the problem persists.
The only time I saw a BSOD when I did not have an HDMI cable connected had the error "kernel security error", and it happend only once.

I tried to check with the "windows memory diagnostic tool" but nothing was found.

here is my latest dmp file from this morning:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XUfZ3fqomTwcY91Y_svB06fkuC4NxkJE

Lenovo Legion Y730
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz‏, ‎2208 Mhz
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Build 10.0.17134

I don't have the skills to analyze the memory dump file, being honest - but there is one thing on my short list: Malware.

Reason is : Today many forms of malware doesn't act like virus in late 90's. Nowdays it is moneymaking, more specific to exploit the computer in order for digging crypto currency. And you get a bigger electric bill and a very hot computer. And somebody else makes money on your behalf.

As said, it is on my short list, but it may also be something else.

First I'd open Device Manager and make sure you don't have a ? or ! to the left of the video driver. That would indicate that you don't have the right driver.
If nothing's wrong with your video driver, I'd open the Event viewer and check the System log for entries marked ERROR in red to attempt finding out what's wrong.

Feb 17, 2019
Hi,
First of all, thank you both!
So I downloaded Malwarebytes after I posted here, and It classified some files that are associated with google chrome as malware.
I put them into quarantine and for the last 2 days didn't have any crashes. I hope that was the problem, I'll update in a few days what's going on.

TRENDING THREADS