Question Constant BSoD

Dec 29, 2021
Hello,

Recently I have been expenenans daily
Blue Screens of Deaths for about a couple of weeks now. I decided to do a factory reset but that has yet to fix my problem, as of now I am able to do daily everyday things like watch YouTube or write a document for a good 20-30 minutes and than my computer would crash. However when I play any games ( Especially on steam)
I can play for a good minute or two before I crash. When my computer crashes, some of the time it just freezes and I’m forced to shut it off manually, some of the times my screen would turn black and my computer restarts it self, and some of the time it takes me to a BSoD. What I can recall from the BSoD was:

Stop Code: VIDEO TDR FAILURE
What Failed: nviddmkm.sys

I have put this into google and youtube, I read multiple forms, watched multiple videos and this still doesn't fix the problem.

So here’s what I have done so far:
-Installed latest Driver(Nvidia)
- Preformed System File Scan (Couldn't find anything wrong)
-Troubled shooted multiple times (no threat was found)
Used Registry Editor to modify some folders
and uncheck mark certain things
- After my computer crashed I used Event Finder to help find my problem and source
-One common source I found with Event Founder was: DistributedCOM
Event ID: 10016

I searched up what this meant, followed a couple of videos and I have yet found the solution bc when my computer crashes, event Viewer says this is the source

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Stay out of Registry Editor - that is a last resort and should only be attempted as a last resort and after a full system/data backup.

What games are you playing when the computer crashes?

Where did you get those games?

Look in Reliability History: what, if any, error codes, etc. are being captured there?

Dec 29, 2021
UPDATE: (Quick note) Today 12/30/2021

I was able to run the games I wanted to play for some odd reason. I checked out the reliability History and it stated I had a hardware problem but I can still run the games. This has happened before, I had one day where I can play the games I wanted to perfectly fine, but then the next my computer completely stopped working, this could be happening again so if you don't mind, I would still like to know what I can do if this problem comes back again, please.

Hello, thanks for replying to me.

I'm running a 64-bit operating system on windows 10.

Hardware:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (14nm) 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL15 Memory

Storage: SanDisk Z400s 64 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive and 2 Western Digital Blue 1 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3 GB SC GAMING Video Card

Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA BT 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

The Games I mainly play are Monster Hunter World and World of Warships. I know both of these games are fairly big and it can be that my computer can't run them. So I downloaded Slappyball which is a fairly small game, and I even crashed with that game. All three of these games came from STEAM.

Here is what I found on Reliability History:
From 12/27/2021 to 12/29/2021 only, it states I have multiple critical events all of which states a "Hardware error"and followed by either "computer stopped working" or "windows was not properly shut down". I am assuming this is because of when I force shut down my computer so that makes sense. So if it is a hardware problem do you have an idea as to which componet it can be? I would post the screen shot I took of from Reliability History but I have no idea how to post the image here sorry. However the next day 12/30/2021, had no critical events, which I am assumign is why I was able to play my video games.

Hopefully this was enough information.