Constant BSOD's (Different Each Time) IRQL/BAD POOL CALLER etc.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

legendaryduh

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
Hello all,

I have been fighting this problem for 3 days. The problem arose when I was playing WoW on my normal raid day and my computer just started....crashing. Non stop. Literally NON stop. Anytime something takes some amount of juice from my Tower it just blue screens.

History: I had this stupid program "DriverUpdate" installed and i updated my drivers with it. I have no idea which ones it updated. My notably that comes to mind is my GPU which is a GTX 970. I typically use geforce experience but figured why not, id just that program. Well its been absolute hell since.

I have had this build for about two years now. I have never had a single hardware or software confliction with any of my parts. My specs are below.

CPU: intel i5 3570k

GPU: EVGA 4gb GTX 970

MOBO:ASUS P8Z77-V-LX

RAM:24gb PATRIOT 1600mhz 2x4gb and 2x8gb

HEATSINK: Corsair H100

PS:800w Corsair

SSD: KINGSTON 128gb SSD

HDD: 1TB storage drive (Seagate)

I just today completely WIPED my SSD and took the time to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Win 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1. Even with a FRESH install of windows and reformatting my SSD. Im still crashing. The 2/6 BSOD's that i have will be posted below and i Will update as they continue to occur. My mind is literally fried at this point. DriverUpdate FUCKED my entire system and honestly cant believe i didnt research that first. I never don't research things, but it was on Cnet and had good reviews.

Background, im pretty tech savvy, im a UAV mechanic. But i cant troubleshoot this problem and I am desperate for your help. I cant attribute these BSOD's to any ONE problem. They just keep happening over and over.

In addition to the Fresh Win 8 install. I have since updated my Mobo drivers to Win 8. my BIOS version is also current. Although im not sure if I should update it to a win 8 version? Do i need to do that?

Lastly, Im currently OC'd to 4.4ghz stable at 1.264 volts. Again ive had zero software issues...ever

Thank you for your time.

legendaryduh

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
tried testing them individually, and they have come up as fine in Memtest. my BIOS is currently set to default as well. I removed my OC although it was stable. I also tested that OC for about 6 hours in Prime95 via torture testing