Constant BSOD'S Many different errors.

nate1x

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Hi all my first time posting here, since about a month ago I've been getting seemingly random BSOD's, When the problem started there were a few things that were constant, i would get stuttering in games every 1-2 seconds for a second, non-stop, and i would get audio crackle while watching videos and opening programs at the same time, and of course the blue screens.

I was getting errors like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, SPECIAL_POOL_DETETCED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION. And others..yeah alot.

I've since replaced my ram as i thought that was the cause, i went about 2 weeks without a problem now its back again.

Current Specs:
GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
Ram : G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Any help is much appreciated i will include the DMP files that i have.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ospy5hlu1wyok2m/vSsttfsP46

nate1x

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
I believe this is my PSU https://www.ddcomputer.com.au/prod-PWXT-CP650-proddes_X-Tec_650W_Switching_Power_Supply.html, Ive updated the bios and all drivers.

Looks like a cheap no name power supply got you. If you look at the 12v rail it splt into two rails that max out at 31 amps. A 430 watt cosair ps with one rail has 32 amp rating. The 600 watt units have 46 amp rating. Looks like to me with that high end gpu your cheap power supply the issue.

nate1x

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
So thats whats causing the instability then? I should add that i do get restarts from time to time aswell, where the power will just reset. So i guess that makes sense.

nate1x

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
If anyone else has any input it would be much appreciated, so i dont go buy a new PSU to find the problem is still there, would like that to be a last resort

nate1x

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Well most recently, i've been looking into getting a 4670k + a mobo as mine are extremely outdated, add that onto my current specs, what would a rough estimate be for what kind of PSU i would need? 650w?

Risla

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

nate1x

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013

Sorry for the late reply, i did a complete uninstall of AVG about 2 weeks ago, and driver verifier is disabled.

Risla

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

No problem ;)
Is your system up to date with all the latest windows updates and drivers for all your hardware ?
If it is then I don't know what else you can try other than what others have said.. try a new PSU
In any case , I hope your problem gets resolved soon. Good luck !

Risla

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Ahw , thats a pity you still have BSOD's :(

Difficult to pinpoint the problem with all those different errors.

We now know it's not the PSU ... Then it could be the grahics card or RAM memory.
Try to disable your gfx card in device manager, then use your pc for a while and see if your system is more stable then.

Have you tested your RAM memory yet ? http://www.memtest86.com/ or http://www.memtest.org/

nate1x

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Well i just got my ram replaced recently so i dont think it will be that, ill try test it though, same with the GPU, just want to add my pc ran for a good 12+ hours overnight with just Vuze open, steam and chrome have both been open during crashes, but i have yet to crash while both are closed (just watching movies through VLC Media player) Not sure if that helps point in the right direction.

nate1x

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013

Its definitely been more stable, but it does crash from time to time, I've switched ram from my brothers PC for a while to see if that helps. So ill get back to you if that helps.

Risla

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Sure, let us know how it went ;)

nate1x

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
My PC seems to be working fine since i swapped out my ram, will RMA my old ram and see if that works, is it possible my ram isnt compatible with my motherboard? could that cause it? My brothers been using my ram and hasnt had any crashes with it.

Risla

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Yes, that is possible .. check the gigabyte website for a list of compatible RAM for your motherboard ( i tried to check but link doesn't work at the moment)
Anyways, I hope your PC problems are resolved now ;)
Good luck mate !