[SOLVED] Constant crashes even after fresh install driving me insane

Feb 9, 2021
Hi,

Recently had an issue when Pc would randomly shut off during gaming with Kernel 41 in event viewer. I live in a country with very poor power grid so it was down to either the power supply from main grid or a broken PSU.

Installed a UPS, problem persisted but UPS often went nuts. Replaced PSU with a brand new corsair 650x, also a new m2 drive and CPU AIO cooler.

I can game just fine, no issues at all. But I get these extremely annoying random shut downs and LOADS of error messages in my event viewer. The PC will freeze for 2-3 seconds, then shut off and restart. Before with my other problem it was ONLY during gaming, now never, and when it did shut off it happened instantly, no freezes. Before I also didn't even the hundreds of issues.

I re-installed windows 10 from a USB (fresh made). I was thinking that maybe that windows didn't completely download and a handful of things where missing, so I did ''reset my pc'' this morning and still these issues persist. I was missing some PCI drivers and whatnot but installed them as well, still...the problem is here.

Not quite sure what data you guys need to see, but here are a handful of the !Error warnings:

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. | volmgr| event ID 161 (Already did the SFC file check thing)

Metadata staging failed, result=0x80004005 for container '{AEC705F6-6E09-56B3-818A-22F2C74DF6DC}' | Event ID 131

Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0 | eventlog | Event ID 1101

in between all that I have plenty of warnings about device setup manager, distributedCOM, user device registration.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Colif

Win 11 Master
kernel event 41 is created after the next restart, its not the cause, its a reaction. Windows runs a report at start up and if it finds it wasn't shut down properly the time before, you get event 41.

what are specs of the PC?

Feb 9, 2021
Have you tried resetting bios setting to restore default? Or tried updating or reinstalling bios file?

Yeah, updated the BIOS (first time since owning this setup ~4 years) and problem persisted.

There where some intel/realtek drivers missing that I found through '''windows update - additional updates'', and I installed them late last night (after posting here) and there hasn't been a shut down event yet, but still a lot of warnings/errors in my event viewer

At least 20 ''DistributedCOM - Event ID 10016''
and 8 ''DeviceSetupManager - Event ID 131, 200, 201 & 202"
and 1 ''User Device Registration - Event ID 360"

kernel event 41 is created after the next restart, its not the cause, its a reaction. Windows runs a report at start up and if it finds it wasn't shut down properly the time before, you get event 41.

what are specs of the PC?
My setup is as follows:
i5 6600K
MSI Z170a Sli Plus
GTX1080 Ti Zotac
16GB Ram 2x 8gb
Corsair 650x (previously a corsair 550V or something, marginal on power but never an issue in 4 years)

Computer itself supported by a UPS, monitor/sound etc directly into wall.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Almost every win 10 install on earth gets dcom errors so ignore those

event viewer often not best place to find causes, many errors here happen once and work every other time. It records the fails, not successes.

Event 200
This event indicates that the Windows operating system took an unusually long time to shut down, and this could be caused by non-Microsoft software applications or device drivers or by startup programs that load with the Windows operating system.
link
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

clean boot is steps suggested for events 200-202 - https://social.technet.microsoft.co...rnings-id-200-201-202?forum=win10itprogeneral

Feb 9, 2021
When you updated the windows, bios files did you update the motherboards most recent me files under their support page?
No I didn't...downloading them now and will install!

Almost every win 10 install on earth gets dcom errors so ignore those

event viewer often not best place to find causes, many errors here happen once and work every other time. It records the fails, not successes.

Event 200
This event indicates that the Windows operating system took an unusually long time to shut down, and this could be caused by non-Microsoft software applications or device drivers or by startup programs that load with the Windows operating system.
link
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

clean boot is steps suggested for events 200-202 - https://social.technet.microsoft.co...rnings-id-200-201-202?forum=win10itprogeneral

Thanks. Did a clean boot just now but the errors are still there (FWIW I get the same errors each time my PC starts). Haven't had a critical shutdown since I installed the intel drivers on Microsfot update yesterday so not quite sure if it's fixed yet.

Performing the things you both suggested and will report back...thanks so much already!

Colif

Win 11 Master
same errors in safe mode?
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Feb 9, 2021
same errors in safe mode?
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Since my last post and updates, the crashing seems to have stopped. However I still see many errors in the event viewer. I just selected them all and it's 78 Warnings (!), all to do with ''distributed COM'' and ID is 10005.

Feb 9, 2021
just ignore event viewer if there are no problems, it shows one off errors, so its possible the command failed once and always works. Most people with win 10 will have dcom errors as they are windows database errors.
Thanks, given that if I don't open event viewer I'd have no idea if anything was wrong or not, I'll leave it at that. After installing the correct drivers the system has been working just great.

Once again thank you all for your input and helping to fix the problem!

Best