constant crashes, help

navelboy72

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
For the past two months or more I have been having issues with my PC freezing up with random pixel discoloration and sound skipping like a bad attempt at an EDM track. The PC will then do one of two things
1: drop back to desktop
Or
2: completely reboot to main login screen.

I have replaced EVERY major component and this is still an issue. I have reinstalled a clean version of windows 10(64 bit) as well as had the system stress tested. GPU, Mobo, RAM are all good to go. I have CPUID to monitor temps and speeds, all well within normal parameters. My specs are as follows
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
Mobo: MSI B350 tomahawk
GPU: MSI gtx 960
PSU : Corsair cx550 bronze
And 8gbs of RAM from Geil.

I have been told this only thing that could be a problem now is a faulty PSU. Does this seem to be a likely issue? I understand that not all parts pull power equally from the PSU but I am hoping for any help I can get in resolving this issue. This is a custom build for gaming so I’m hoping to have it up as soon as possible

Solution
If you can source a similar wattage unit that is reliable then you can try it on your system and see if the freeze comes back again. I'd also ask you to update your BIOS if there are any pending and try a repair install to rule out a corrupt installation of your OS.