Question Constant Crashing after failed overclock

ouziz

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
i tried to overclock my 980ti using the gigabyte xtreme gaming software and my pc kept on crashing so i decided to just reset all the setting that i had changed back to default then i restarted my pc. Now even after resetting my gpu back to the factory setting all games i play make my pc restart or crash after 30 minutes of playing and my ad-blocker on chrome randomly crashes. my cpu temps are at 59-61 C so i know its not overheating. please help thank you.

PC Specs:
i5-6600k
h100i
gigabyte hd3p-z170
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming 6GB
hyper x fury 16gb ram
wd blue 4tb hard drive
corsair 750 watt power supply

When you were overclocking the GPU, were there any artifacts, or system freeze/hang at that time ? Because OC if done incorrectly can even damage the card, depending on how it is being done though.

Maybe try doing a FRESH and a clean Windows OS install ? How OLD is your current PSU ? What's the exact Model number ?

ouziz

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
When you were overclocking the GPU, were there any artifacts, or system freeze/hang at that time ? Because OC if done incorrectly can even damage the card, depending on how it is being done though.

Maybe try doing a FRESH and a clean Windows OS install ? How OLD is your current PSU ? What's the exact Model number ?

my system would freeze for 10 seconds before fully crashing or restarting
my power supply is the
CORSAIR - CX Series Modular CX750M and i have had it for 4 years