Question Constant crashing I think Ive narrowed down to the GPU

May 11, 2020
Ever since I got my msi geforce 1660 ive been having crashing issues on it and many times bsod. Ive tried almost everything at this point to figure out whats going on but not sure what to do next. Ive made sure ive had all the correct drivers, chipsets, and stuff. I can stress my cpu on cinebench and I have no issue. Ive ran the windows mem test and i had no issues with my memory. Whenever my pc is doing something GPU intensive the screen will freeze/the program will stop responding. then shortyly I will get an error about d3d, device error, graphics card has been physically removed, directx error. When looking in reliability history I see all the windows hardware errors and windows shut downs saying its an LiveKernelEvent 1a1. Not sure where to go from here. Really dont want to have to end up getting a new gpu
Everything is brand new just about a year old. The cpu I just got a week ago.
Cpu: ryzen 7 3800x
Mobo: msi b450 tomahawk
PSU 750 watt Corsair
Ram: 16gb 3200 Corsair vengeance lpx
Storage: Samsung 980 evo
Running windows 10

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris. Ensure that airflows are not blocked by loose cables.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM and jumpers.

May 11, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris. Ensure that airflows are not blocked by loose cables.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM and jumpers.
I tried re seating the card in all different pci slots. I air dusted the computer all temps are fine when running as well. I just found that if I die clock my gpu slightly it doesn’t crash and I can run on higher graphics settings. Annoying that I have to die clock but nice that it finally runs something. I was reading factory of cards can just sometimes not support that speed as they get older. Idk if that’s what’s going on n