Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Here are my specs
Asrock extreme 6 mobo
17 4790k
Windforce 970
1300 Roswell PSU
8gb dominator platinum ram

So I build my PC maybe like a year ago and it had no problems until a little after ugrading to windows 10. While playing some video games (Dying Light, Battlefront Beta) my comp will always crash. The frame will freeze followed by a loud buzzing noise from the monitor follwed by an eventual bluescreen error. The two ive gotten is "whea uncorrectable error" and "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal afd.sys". Then ill need to turn my comp off and restart it, nothing else causes my pc to crash except those two games, I also dont overclock anything. At a loss for what to do :(

Graphics driver and/or CPU OC issue:

If you have graphics or driver issues, one of the most common fixes is a clean uninstall and removal of your graphics drivers.

To uninstall your drivers, first download and run Display Driver Uninstaller, and follow it's recommendations of booting into safe mode and ect.
(This is a direct download link so you don't grab the wrong version)
http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

You'll download a compressed file called "[Guru3D.com]-DDU.zip"
Right click and choose extract.
Go into the folder and run the DDU v##.##.exe
This will extract more files to this folder.
Run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe
Choose Yes when it asks you to boot into SafeMode.
After you've rebooted into safe mode.
When DDU comes up, if it hasn't selected your GPU manufacturer (Nvidia/AMD/Intel) then choose it from the drop down list
Press the Clean and Restart option
If a window comes up asking to disable the Windows automatic installation of display drivers click yes.

After (or before removing the old drivers, just put the new ones on the desktop or somewhere handy) rebooting back into Windows, manually download the latest drivers from Nvidia or AMD, don't use auto detect, choose you GPU model and OS from the drop down lists.
Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

(I had the exact same problem with my Windforce 770, you MAY have to return it because it's broken, mine would do it whenever 2 programs would try to use Flash at the same time, and also other times after playing certain games for random periods of time (but only certain games))

FrostyZed

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
This answered my error. I bet it's because MSI's Gaming app's Gaming mode turns on turbo boost and i'm OCed to 4.4ghz. is the conflict causing me to crash like this guy here?

Roco45

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
My problem has escalated. I hit the reset button on my Asrock Mobo to try and reset the Bios settings (Never touched the Bios settings but read that resetting could fix it) and now everytime my comp tries starting up it immeiatly crashes with the error "machine check exception" and then shuts back down. So now I cannot even use my PC. I think im just going to start buying new, upgraded parts (Starting with the mobo and CPU) until I find the one piece of hardware thats causing all of this and then sell my excess on Ebay lol Really tired of this