[SOLVED] constant email hack?

Sep 8, 2019
I have 2FA on my email and have changed the password over 6 times this week alone however I keep getting messages that someone attempted to sign in here and someone attempted to sign in there usualy somehweee in Russia or China.
How are they still logging in to my account to get denied by my 2FA Settings when I changed the password 5 separate times to a 24 key password I have to write down to remember.

all my accounts associated with that email have been locked and at my wits end I switched to protonmail and paid for its premium features because this gmail thing is starting to get me worried.

I use a seperate encrypted email for banking and sensitive info however is there anything I can do short of just deleting that email? Everytimr I switch it a day or so later another attempt asking me to accept or deny log in via my 2FA account comes up. My PC I deleted and did a full clean install last week assuming it might have been via my PC and have not even turned it on since last week yet my email keeps getting hacked anyone know wtf is going on with this

my passwords are not auto generated I make them up using a series of numbers symbols and letters that make zero sense.

I have no recovery emails linked to that account to be able to acess via other logins either.

I have a iPhone 7s with premium malwarebytes and only use Mozilla for my browser on my phone. If I’m out of my house I’m running a VPN if connected to wireless networks that are open etc .

how are these hackers getting my recent password changes?

Unsure if this is the right spot for this

Last edited:
Solution
How do you know the alerts are legit? Is the email account through your ISP or a web-based carrier? I remember one of my old email accounts I had to stop using because I picked a bad site to enter the email address, causing an influx of spam. However, some of the spam emails were similar to what you are describing, with the proverbial "click me" button to update my password *which of course was just a link to some type of trash site or who-knows-what.
How do you know the alerts are legit? Is the email account through your ISP or a web-based carrier? I remember one of my old email accounts I had to stop using because I picked a bad site to enter the email address, causing an influx of spam. However, some of the spam emails were similar to what you are describing, with the proverbial "click me" button to update my password *which of course was just a link to some type of trash site or who-knows-what.

Solution
I keep getting messages that someone attempted to sign in here and someone attempted to sign in there usualy somehweee in Russia or China.

You would expect these alerts, everything is working as intended, they didn't successfully get in. Just look at your router logs to see how common an attempt is to access anything!