Question Constant event viewer errors

dev1

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
Hello everybody,

From quite some time, a few problems have bugging my system since it's build up, these problems had withered away, but it seems they've found place in my system yet again. I've opened event viewer, after my PC crashes, the strange thing is that the PC itself has not crashed only the applications which are actually two online based games League of Legends and Overwatch, basically whenever I play on of these two titles my screen freezes and the PC as well if I don't make the games in borderless, the strangest thing is that it only happens on these two in Battlefield V for instance or COD WW2, which are actually heavy load games this problem is not there I've played 3+ hours BFV and there was no problem at all... The event viewer info. I can't seem to follow the guides that are on the web, because these strings do not appear for me, it's like they're random strings...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The event viewer strings are probably unrelated. I find event viewer shrouds your real problem amidst a series of other errors that ultimately don't have much impact.

I would suspect something else it at play for your freezing.

Can you elaborate a bit more on the crashing?
Have you monitored individual core CPU temps (not overall package) under load?
Have you monitored GPU temps under load?
How long have you had PSU?
Are you running any overclock or XMP anywhere at all?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
Are all drivers up to date?

Reactions: TJ Hooker

dev1

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
@PC Tailor Well, it basically freezes the application, I can use the task manager to exit it. Afterwards usually when I start it and try to play again the screen goes black for a few seconds but it fixes itself and is saying that my nvlddmkm has stopped working but it fixed itself. The CPU doesn't reach more than 56C, in more than 3+ hours of BFV, the GPU doesn't go over 61C it's a hybrid card with a water cooled system. The PSU is around 14-15 months old, it started it's life as the power source for my Skylake build, but soon moved to Coffee lake, and changed my RX580 8Gb, which was having the same issues as well, which I moved to it again, and bought this 980Ti, for the coffee lake. No, I'm at stock 2666MHz of speed DDR4 2x8Gb of memory. Yes, I checked two hours ago for the BIO. Yes, the graphics driver is the latest 431.36 and the rest are all with latest driver.

dev1

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
Full system specs, including exact model of PSU?

Did you do a clean install of Windows after upgrading CPU/motherboard?
PC Config (Atm): MOBO: ASRock B360M-HDV | CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 | RAM:Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2x8GB DDR4 2666MHz | GPU:EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid | PSU:Seasonic S12II-520 520W Bronze | HDD:Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 7200RPM | SSD: Toshiba TR200 2.5 240GB | CASE: DeepCool Tesseract BF | FAN: 2x120 (DeepCool x Segotep Halo 12) ,I did a fresh Windows when changing platforms, I bought also the SSD and I've got the OS there.

dev1

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
In addition to TJ's comment, did you do a clean install for GPU upgrade, or at least did you use DDU in order to clear any previous drivers and prevent any conflict?

Did you say you had the same issue with a previous GPU?
I always use the latest version of DDU, I tested both GPUS with Superposition Benchmark for about 3-4 runs, both cards were really stable and even slightly outperformed same brand and model cards. And yes I had the same issues with the RX580, but they've actually resolved without my interference. I can do another fresh windows installation, but I'm starting to think that this is some how windows related. I've had to rollback to build 1703, since I've had quite a lot of bluescreen with the newer one, haven't updated since then.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I always use the latest version of DDU, I tested both GPUS with Superposition Benchmark for about 3-4 runs, both cards were really stable and even slightly outperformed same brand and model cards. And yes I had the same issues with the RX580, but they've actually resolved without my interference. I can do another fresh windows installation, but I'm starting to think that this is some how windows related. I've had to rollback to build 1703, since I've had quite a lot of bluescreen with the newer one, haven't updated since then.
So you've resolved your issue for now?
Sooner sounds like a hardware or driver issue that is conflicting with later Windows builds.

If you carry over outdated drivers somewhere, it can cause conflicts. Chipset and Internet drivers are the most common.

dev1

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
So you've resolved your issue for now?
Sooner sounds like a hardware or driver issue that is conflicting with later Windows builds.

If you carry over outdated drivers somewhere, it can cause conflicts. Chipset and Internet drivers are the most common.
The issue is still here, last night I updated the sound driver, the old update was from may, this update is from two days ago. As for what kind of an issue it is, I'm looking more towards software, the interesting thing is that the system is stable under heavy load, like I said last night I again tested with 2+ hours on BFV on 27C ambient temp and everything was fine. Only on online based games I suppose it is a problem. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is also running flawlessly. I've downloaded the official ASRock APP for drivers, it was stating that I have only the ME driver and the Sound driver to update, I've updated them.