Constant frame drops from unknown reason

Feb 5, 2019
Hey guys.

Currently my computer is 8 years old, I've not made much change to it apart from adding an SSD and upgrading the graphics card along the way. Sistem specs below:

PSU: LC Power 650 Watt
GPU: R7 360 2GB
CPU: FX-8120
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
HardDrive: 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM
RAM: 2x4GB DDR3-1333Mhz
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3

My problem is that whenever I play any games, new or old my computer will not be able to handle the game. The game will continously drop FPS, failing to maintain even 30FPS with stability. I've attempted using AMD's Software functions such as FPS Target control, to limit my FPS to reduce the drops, however I've seen people playing games on weaker or exact same specs and they appear to be having no issues at all, no lag, no freezing, constant FPS.drops making games unplayable.

I've monitored my Temperatures, they never exceed 65* Celsius and everything I've looked at or tried have came back with the same result as in my computer is supposed to be working fine. BIOS, Drives and Windows 10 have all been updated to the newest version, including a full BIOS reset to default and nothing appears to be helping. Any suggestions?

Keep in mind that all games have been well over recommended specs for the most part and The frames go from 60 to 1 and then shoot back up to 70 and so on.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd burn that PSU right now before it burns down your entire investment(system). Try with a more reliable PSU and then you can see if the frames are improved. Which BIOS are you on? To add you shouldn't have that processor on that board.

Feb 5, 2019
From what I can see, the CPU and Motherboard are compatible, don't see why it shouldn't be. as for BIOS I'm currently on 2101 2.1.2014.
I've been thinking about the PSU possibly being the issue, but wasn't too sure. I'll have a go and I'll see where it takes me.