Constant freezing on windows 10 installation from a uusb drive

Aug 6, 2018
as the title says i have been having alot of issues over the past week trying to get my pc to work.

when i first built my pc i managed to install windows 10 just fine but soon after that i started getting freezes on my pc when everything locks up and i cant move anything. the pc is still running, the fans spinning and all lights are on.

i decided to fresh install a windows and after that when i went into the lock-screen and past it it told me system32/winload.efi is missing so i tried to reinstall from my USB drive.

every since then i kept getting constant freezing i bought new ram thinking that was the problem then i got a new mobo and a new psu the problem persisted. formatted my USB many times then reinstalled windows 10 on the drive many times. still no luck.

i can also add that the freezing occurs randomly during the windows installation or later on.

i manage to once get far enough for it to finish installing on my ssd but when i tried to boot into the widows i get an error saying "windows cannot boot since .../system32/winload.efi" is missing bu when i try to go into my usb drive to try and get into repair mode it freezes either before i can get into the diagnosing part or after it. and it just locks up and stays like that
i tried different drives but the problem is the same each single time.

i also tried to underclock my ram but it made no difference.

my specs:
cpu: amd ryzen 5 2600
mobo: asus tuf gaming b450m-plus gaming( asus tuf b350m-plus before i replaced it)
psu: cx550m semi modular
gpu: sapphire rx 580 nitro+
ram: hyperx 1 stick 8gb predator @3000 mhz
ssd: samsung 250g evo

Create a new Windows 10 installation USB media using the Windows 10 media creation tool (to rule out media corruption)
Reset your BIOS to default settings.
Set the RAM to 2400MHz in the BIOS (overclocked RAM could corrupt installation files).
Only connect the drive you will be installing Windows 10.
Try installing Windows again, select Custom Install and make sure to delete all partitions from drive. Allow Windows to create partitions automatically.

Aug 6, 2018

done that several times over yet still constant freezing

however i did notice that it froze at different times on different drives

disabled c state in bios yet still no luck