Constant game stuttering

corytlh

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Hello everyone, I just recently built a new computer with a Sapphire Dual X R7 265 graphics card. However, I noticed some stuttering in the games I was playing. So I put the games at minimum to test, but the stuttering was still there. I see videos of people playing Battlefield 3 at ultra with no problem using this card. I installed a driver this morning but the problem persists. Any ideas?

Solution
Start by lowering settings. If the problem persists even with the lowest settings then you might consider mildly overclocking your CPU.
It could be so many things.

First things first, list your PSU exact model.

Are you playing in full screen or windowed mode? Have you tried lowering quality down from ultra? Were the guys in the video overclocking or have superior other components in their systems. HD 7850 (r7 265) is a nice card but it does have its limits.

corytlh

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I forgot to post my full build so I will go ahead and do that.
Sapphire Dual X R7 265
AMD FX-6300 processor
Silverstone 600w power supply
Gigabyte AMD 970 SATA motherboard
1 tb Seagate

Sorry, this is my first gaming computer and I am still learning the ropes.

corytlh

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Thats the thing, I was playing Mount and Blade Warband at high (which isn't too demanding of a game). So as a test, I set it to medium, turning off all foliage and still got some stuttering. Is overclocking your CPU dangerous is any way?

TRENDING THREADS