Constant HDD usage in regular intervals under Windows 10

Konrad9519

Reputable
Jun 14, 2016
Hi, my HDD's and SSD are getting some usage constantly in regular intervals. I've noticed that it might be caused by "System and compressed memory". It always shows some disk usage (0,1MB/s). I've tried turning off anty-virus software, I've tried few fixes but none of them helped.
I'm posting it under W10 thread because under W7 there were no problems for 4 years.

1.SSD - Crucial MX200
2. HDD - WD Black 1TB
3. HDD - ATA (IDE) WD 160GB
Mobo: Gigabyte 880GA-UDH3
Here is video how HDD Led blinks

Solution

Thanks for replay!
I've tried a lot of solutions, none of them was working to my problem. I think it was related to...
Welcome to the community, Konrad9519!

I'd suggest you check Task Manager and see what the HDD usage is like from there. I'd also recommend you check what programs or Windows services could be causing this constant HDD usage. It might also be possible that there's something wrong with the connections to the drives, so I'd also reseat the connections if I were you. Make sure everything is properly mounted and also try swapping the SATA cables.

Either way, remember to always back up your data somewhere off-site before proceeding with the storage troubleshooting!

Good luck! :) Let me know how it goes!
SuperSoph_WD

Konrad9519

Reputable
Jun 14, 2016

Thanks for replay!
I've tried a lot of solutions, none of them was working to my problem. I think it was related to some of drivers not working properly, Anvir Taks Manager was showing that WMI Host Provider is making constant disk usage in regular intervals (about 12kb/s). As it was quite fresh install of Windows, I did refreshed it and it seems to solve my issue!

Solution