Constant Internet Disconnect

SellyTrix

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
As the title says, i am having constant disconnect issues with my PC. I have posted about this before, but no solution has worked (atleast permanetly).

I bought an HP paviliion 500-214 from best buy about 7 months ago.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c04100368&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Starting about a month after i brought it home, my internet on the PC started to disconnect ever so often. It wouldn't say that it was disconnected, but i would have no internet acess (chrome wouldnt load, steam would say offline, etc). The outage would last for only a few seconds to a few minutes. Now, at first i thought it was my router. We've had troubles before. But, i noticed that it only affected my PC.

I am upstairs and a wall away from the router and modem, i do have a wifi booster connected to the router which then connects to the ethernet cable on my computer. However, the outage affects both my ethernet and wifi. I have a 7 year old laptop and a new windows surface tablet in the same spot, but niether of them suffer these problems. Normally, i wouldn't have a problem with a few seconds-minutes of internet loss, but i work and school from home. And lately, it has become more persistent.

The only hard ware addons to my computer is a GTX 750 ti graphic card installed 3 days ago.
I have factory reset, virus scanned before and after the reset, and scoured the net looking for solutions. some didn't work, others have worked temporarily, but i can find no permanent solution.

Router is an apple airport extreme.

Other info
-all drivers up-to-date except for optional bing bar and window ssilverlite
-periodical virus scans
-windows 8.1
-3.5ghz processor, 8g ram, gtx 750ti.
-use of both wifi, wifi extender to connect to internet, and sometimes both at the same time.

If i'm leaving out curcial info or more is needed, please let me know. If there is somewhere i should be posting this instead, please let me know also.

Solution
If using the ethernet cable doesn't improve the situation then,

Might aswell try a different router since apple routers dont usually work well with range extenders

Also, range extenders cut bandwidth by 50% from the source due to its current capabilities

A stronger 5ghz router is recommended for a single home coverage

plaintuts

Admirable
If using the ethernet cable doesn't improve the situation then,

Might aswell try a different router since apple routers dont usually work well with range extenders

Also, range extenders cut bandwidth by 50% from the source due to its current capabilities

A stronger 5ghz router is recommended for a single home coverage

Solution

TRENDING THREADS