[SOLVED] Constant PC crashes!!!

Jun 9, 2021
I bought this PC around 6 months ago and had been running smoothly until recently.

I use it for warzone, and graphic design softwares (adobe platforms), that's probably the most labour intensive stuff it runs.

The issues I run into are sometimes just randomly blue screening on me, sometimes all my USB's completely disconnect and I'll either have to restart it or it does it automatically, not to mention in-game errors on warzone such as memory errors and dev errors of which the frequency has just recently gone up insane amounts to the point where there's no point even playing it.

I have a feeling it could be my CPU, sometimes I see the performance usage shoot up to 100%, but I'm no tech expert.

Any help on this would be insanely appreciated, I love my little PC and up until recently it had been running absolutely perfectly for what I use it for!

Full spec: CPU: R5 1500x @4.0ghz
COOLER: Wraith Prism RGB
MOBO: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro
RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz CL14
GPU: Zotac AMP 1070ti 8GB
SSD: SanDisk s400 SATA m.2 256gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
PSU: Silverstone Strider S Fully Modular 550w 80+ Gold

Solution
Start by looking in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the times of the BSODs.

Also:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Check by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Could just be a loose connection.

= = = =

Another likely suspect is the PSU. If heavily used for gaming and graphic design work it may be nearing its designed EOL (End of Life).

Should you see multiple errors and/or increasing numbers of errors that is, in my mind, a sign of a faltering PSU.

The PSU must provide sufficient and steady power to all system components. When unable to do so then...

Ralston18

Titan
Start by looking in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the times of the BSODs.

Also:

Check by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

= = = =

Another likely suspect is the PSU. If heavily used for gaming and graphic design work it may be nearing its designed EOL (End of Life).

Should you see multiple errors and/or increasing numbers of errors that is, in my mind, a sign of a faltering PSU.

The PSU must provide sufficient and steady power to all system components. When unable to do so then something has "to give".

Result = BSOD.

Solution
Jun 9, 2021

Also:

= = = =

The PSU must provide sufficient and steady power to all system components. When unable to do so then something has "to give".

Result = BSOD.

That's interesting because I've had a look at my task manager when I open up certain prgorammes and it does always shoot up to very high on the power usage part, but it does then stabilise. Would this answer the issue of the random USB disconnections? Or would that be down to loose connections do you think?

I've had a look at the Reliability history and it seems to be running between 2-4 at the moment, which doesn't sound too great does it... I'm getting a lot of hardware issues and also random bug checks that seem to be crashing my PC. Now looking at this chart it was running at a smooth 9-1 prior to the 3rd of this month, now all of the crashes and constant errors have started...

Don't get me wrong the USB disconnections have been happening on odd occasions every now and again for quite a while, but random blue screening and constant game crashes not so much.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you aware of anything that happened or changed on the "3rd of the month"?

Any new software, hardware, or configuration changes?

Look in Update History: any updates? Successful or otherwise?

Do the tests mentioned above by @SamirD and determine if any other issues are found.

The PSU is a critical component and if unable to provide constant steady power to USB devices then problems will occur.

Remember that the PSU provides different voltages to varying components. And as the PSU continues to fail the problems can vary in both nature and quantity.

Do you have all important data backed up? At least 2 x and stored both on and off line. Verify that backups are recoverable and readable.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexbirdie

TRENDING THREADS