Question Constant PC freezing then crashing

Tomgoughh

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2017
Hello guys, no idea where to post or ask about this so thought i'd come here.
Over the past couple of weeks I've been having problems with my pc freezing and then crashing.
It starts by gradually slowing down and becoming unresponsive then eventually crashes.
I can still move my mouse about and my screen is still on but can't click or do anything and I have to hard reset my pc (hold down power button) to restart it.
Any idea what I can do to go about troubleshooting?
Thanks!

Tomgoughh

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2017
Ful HW speccs and age? Built yourself? History?
Full Specs:
ASUS Strix B450-F Mobo
Ryzen 7 2700X
Geforce RTX 2070 Super
32gb Corsair 3200 ram
Corsair CX850M PSU

Built myself and had the PC for probably 4 years now. Upgraded GPU and CPU last year but never had any problems. Literally only been in the last couple of weeks so not like it's new and having problems.
Never had any problems with it apart from a faulty PSU that was sent out when I first built the PC

Tomgoughh

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2017
For how long (typical case) can you use your computer before you notice the issues?

Does it make any differences if you run CPU/GPU intensive task or not ?
Sometimes it does it straight away sometimes it's after a little white of using, maybe 30 mins to and hour of use?
Nope, I can just run chrome and it'll do it or i'll run renderer software I use for 3d Modeling and it does it too.

Tomgoughh

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2017
Have you tried to reinstall windows ?

Have you checked for malware/virus infections ?
yeah checked for any viruses and nothing. Really don't have the time to completely reinstall windows as I have too much work to do at the moment.Just going to have to deal with it for a bit until a bug fix.
Thank you for your help though