[SOLVED] Constant Pc Issues

Zicariuz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Hey there, I built a new pc recently and it has been a constant pain. When i first installed windows my pc would freeze completely randomly and i had to resort to a clean reinstall the same day. It seemed to be fine for a few days, but then was followed by 2 days of constant BSODs (mostly with code 0xc000000e). I did another clean install and it fixed those issues until i came across some windows updates which caused more issues. My PC wouldnt start up and so i did my 3rd clean windows installation followed by command prompt bcd rebuilding and the bootrec stuff. Most recently i noticed my pc was performing quite poorly so i tried to do a gpu driver reinstallation which obviously didnt work and now i cannot reinstall drivers (pc doesnt seem to recognise my GPU) and everytime my pc starts it needs to be repaired followed by a minimum 15 minute boot time (windows buffering icon screen).
I've done some RAM testing and it seems fine. I've also done some hard drive and ssd testing with crystal disk and they both showed 'good' health. At this point i have no idea what to do as im pretty sure its a hardware issue. Where do i start? Is this probably a bad motherboard or prehaps a bad ssd or psu? Im completely stuck and any help is greatly appreciated.

Pc specs :
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Rtx 2060
Motherboard: Asrock B450M Steel Legend
Hdd : Seagate Barracuda 1tb
Ssd: Sandisk plus 480gb
Psu: Corsair cx550m
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR4 3000mhz

Solution
From what I have gathered, the 0xc000000e codes are a result of the dual drives (SSD/HDD). For whatever reason, the system is having an issue when booting up because it does not know which drive holds the boot record. I don't believe the issue is the result of any defective hardware (e.g., bad psu, deective memory).

A previous was marked solved by replacing the motherboard's CMOS battery (https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/error-code-0xc000000e-help.2379326/). This seems reasonable if the SSD/HDD boot orders are switching back to a default order each time the device loses power (reboot/shutdown). Batteries are fairly cheap, but you could also try disconnecting one of the drives for short period to see if the problem...

Sweet_3

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
That code indicates corrupted boot data, if it keeps happening, there may be something wrong with your boot drive. Try removing the ssd from the system, and doing a fresh install on the hdd.

Zicariuz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
That code indicates corrupted boot data, if it keeps happening, there may be something wrong with your boot drive. Try removing the ssd from the system, and doing a fresh install on the hdd.
I will try this, thank you. Any chance this is being caused by my PSU? All SSD tests ive done indicate that its fine (from what i understand, which isn't much)

Sweet_3

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
Doesn’t sound like psu, bsod as opposed to black screening as result of power delivery problems. I wouldn’t rule it out, but start with what you can test easily. If you have another psu you know that works fine, swap it out and test.

SirSub42

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
From what I have gathered, the 0xc000000e codes are a result of the dual drives (SSD/HDD). For whatever reason, the system is having an issue when booting up because it does not know which drive holds the boot record. I don't believe the issue is the result of any defective hardware (e.g., bad psu, deective memory).

A previous was marked solved by replacing the motherboard's CMOS battery (https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/error-code-0xc000000e-help.2379326/). This seems reasonable if the SSD/HDD boot orders are switching back to a default order each time the device loses power (reboot/shutdown). Batteries are fairly cheap, but you could also try disconnecting one of the drives for short period to see if the problem persists with only a single drive connected.

However, you mentioned that 0xc000000e was not the only code. Any chance you could run through the a Windows Event Viewer or something like Blue Screen View to bring up the remaining codes?

As far as the bootrec and bcd rebuilding tasks you have done so far, is there anything on this page that you have not yet tried?

Solution

Zicariuz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I removed my SSD and installed windows onto my Hard drive. I now have no problem installing drivers but i now get stuck at the motherboard splash/loading screen for at least 15 minutes with the loading circle before my PC loads.

Zicariuz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013

A previous was marked solved by replacing the motherboard's CMOS battery (https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/error-code-0xc000000e-help.2379326/). This seems reasonable if the SSD/HDD boot orders are switching back to a default order each time the device loses power (reboot/shutdown). Batteries are fairly cheap, but you could also try disconnecting one of the drives for short period to see if the problem persists with only a single drive connected.

However, you mentioned that 0xc000000e was not the only code. Any chance you could run through the a Windows Event Viewer or something like Blue Screen View to bring up the remaining codes?

As far as the bootrec and bcd rebuilding tasks you have done so far, is there anything on this page that you have not yet tried?
Unfortunately, i removed my ssd and installed windows onto my hdd and i still get insanely long boot times. It didn't resolve the issue, unless what you mentioned would somehow still be a problem with a single drive? I also haven't recieved an actual error code since my second clean install of windows, if that helps with ruling that out.

Zicariuz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
My pc seems to be getting worse by the day. I just did a clean windows install once again and got a spinning circle on restart. I get a black screen when trying to enter bios. I am almost at the point of giving up as my 30 day amazon returns window is coming up. I'm considering returning my motherboard as im almost certain its a hardware issue at this point. I've tried 2 drives and its unlikely they are both bad. No random crashing or power offs so i don't think its psu related. A bad motherboard is my best bet at this point i think...

Oct 17, 2019
Windows 10 which i am using now,it was installed 3 months ago,but I only did 2 times and succeeded, the first time is according to Microsoft said to do, I was too stupid, did not succeed, but with this ,the second time only succeeded.

Last edited: