Question constant ping spikes

Jan 16, 2021
hello, recently ive started getting constant ping spikes in game, sometimes they also occur when i ping an ip aswell, ive tried it both in normal mode and safe mode to be sure that its not on my end, ive gotten a new ethernet cable, ive switched different ports, (which fixed it for a few hours) but then it went back to normal, contacted my isp to tell them my issue and they restarted my connection and said everything is fine(which everything clearly isnt fine so i think they might be lying to get me off the phone with them, which wouldnt be the first time), i used to have 70-80 stable ping and sometimes even lower, but as i mentioned recently its been spiking all the way up to 150, 200, sometimes higher, ive reinstalled my network drivers multiple times, nothing seems to fix it and im just completely lost, next thing im going to do is order a new router in case my current one is faulty even though i dont think so since it worked fine and this just started happening randomly one day, what do you guys think i can do try and fix it, i use a desktop computer and my motherboard is the msi b450m pro-vdh max if that matters, the ethernet is plugged straight into the MB.

TRENDING THREADS