Mar 27, 2019
First off, here’s my specs

Mobo: Asus Prime Z390-A

Ram: 4x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz

CPU: i7 9700k

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x52

GPU: EVGA 1080ti ftw3

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G3

HDD: Seagate 2tb (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834)

SSD/boot drive: Kingston 120gb (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820721107)

So about a year and a half ago I upgraded to both a 1080ti Ftw3 and a new 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor(Dell S2716DG), as well as adding 2 more sticks of RAM to make 16gb from my old gtx 970 that ran great, pretty much all games at 144fps at 1080p. And the 1080ti was awesome even with my i5 6600k which I thought would bottleneck, but it didn't and I had smooth gameplay all up until that summer. I have literally no clue what happened. I added a second monitor (the same one as before for a dual 1440p setup) and that’s it. All of my games now have these small hitches or stutters that will occur at any frame cap or frame rate. Even limited at 60fps or 30fps it will drop just under to like 57fps or 28fps and freeze up the game for a second then go right back to the frame cap/the normal fps. I feel like I have tried absolutely everything up to this point and am completely dumbfounded.

I have:

• Reinstalled windows countless times
  • Upgraded my power supply 3 times
  • Upgraded to an i7 9700k and a Z390-a Mobo with it
  • Upgraded to a NZXT Kraken x52
  • RMAed my 1080ti
  • DDUed graphics drivers/and just reinstalled drivers in general
  • Pretty much every single windows optimization/tweak imaginable
  • Reset all overclocks to stock
  • Checked the RAM sticks
  • Tried using my Xbox controller and without/both have same issue
  • Tried unplugging all of my front USBs
  • Tested using only my original monitor, no change.
  • Looked through all utilization charts, no glaring spikes or drops
At this point I don’t know what I can do because I feel like I have ruled out everything but the drives, but both when running diagnostics say they are fine and I don’t have means to test another drive. I’m honestly desperate. I feel like for the last year I haven’t enjoyed playing anything on my PC and am beginning to regret the investment all together if I can’t fix this. Something must have happened around June of 2018, because when playing Spec Ops the Line prior to going on vacation I know for a fact it didn’t stutter as it does now, along with the batman arkham games, super meat boy, terraria, and more that I played before this issue. Oddly, a select few games I’ve tried run fine with way less occasional hitching to not make it unplayable like the others, and they all seem to be much newer/graphically demanding. GTA V, Doom, Battlefield 1, and Tomb Raider are examples of this. They still do have their hitches/microstutter, but much less frequent. I’ve spent more time reading forum posts and troubleshooting whenever I’m on my PC than playing games at this point. If anyone could help that would be amazing. Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019
Just something to try: Check DPC latency
ok so for some reason whenever I run this latencymon software it crashes at 16 seconds and then tells me access denied the second time I run it, but what it shows up to that point is this:

Current measured interrupt to process latency: 106.60
Highest measured interrupt to process latency: 567.70
Highest Reported ISR routine execution time: 43.081667
Highest Reported DPC routine execution time: 63.599444
Reported total hard pagefault count: 0

Is this bad/abnormal? I honestly have no idea what any of these numbers mean as I'm not really educated on the subject haha. DPC execution time seems low but honestly idk.

Mar 27, 2019
First off, here’s my specs

Mobo: Asus Prime Z390-A

Ram: 4x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz

CPU: i7 9700k

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x52

GPU: EVGA 1080ti ftw3

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G3

HDD: Seagate 2tb (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834)

SSD/boot drive: Kingston 120gb (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820721107)

So about a year and a half ago I upgraded to both a 1080ti Ftw3 and a new 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor(Dell S2716DG), as well as adding 2 more sticks of RAM to make 16gb from my old gtx 970 that ran great, pretty much all games at 144fps at 1080p. And the 1080ti was awesome even with my i5 6600k which I thought would bottleneck, but it didn't and I had smooth gameplay all up until that summer. I have literally no clue what happened. I added a second monitor (the same one as before for a dual 1440p setup) and that’s it. All of my games now have these small hitches or stutters that will occur at any frame cap or frame rate. Even limited at 60fps or 30fps it will drop just under to like 57fps or 28fps and freeze up the game for a second then go right back to the frame cap/the normal fps. I feel like I have tried absolutely everything up to this point and am completely dumbfounded.

I have:

• Reinstalled windows countless times
  • Upgraded my power supply 3 times
  • Upgraded to an i7 9700k and a Z390-a Mobo with it
  • Upgraded to a NZXT Kraken x52
  • RMAed my 1080ti
  • DDUed graphics drivers/and just reinstalled drivers in general
  • Pretty much every single windows optimization/tweak imaginable
  • Reset all overclocks to stock
  • Checked the RAM sticks
  • Tried using my Xbox controller and without/both have same issue
  • Tried unplugging all of my front USBs
  • Tested using only my original monitor, no change.
  • Looked through all utilization charts, no glaring spikes or drops
At this point I don’t know what I can do because I feel like I have ruled out everything but the drives, but both when running diagnostics say they are fine and I don’t have means to test another drive. I’m honestly desperate. I feel like for the last year I haven’t enjoyed playing anything on my PC and am beginning to regret the investment all together if I can’t fix this. Something must have happened around June of 2018, because when playing Spec Ops the Line prior to going on vacation I know for a fact it didn’t stutter as it does now, along with the batman arkham games, super meat boy, terraria, and more that I played before this issue. Oddly, a select few games I’ve tried run fine with way less occasional hitching to not make it unplayable like the others, and they all seem to be much newer/graphically demanding. GTA V, Doom, Battlefield 1, and Tomb Raider are examples of this. They still do have their hitches/microstutter, but much less frequent. I’ve spent more time reading forum posts and troubleshooting whenever I’m on my PC than playing games at this point. If anyone could help that would be amazing. Thanks.
shoot, I forgot I have this pcie wifi adapter: Qualcomm Atheros AR9287
I use ethernet from a wifi extender in my room as I don't have access to the modem, but does anyone think this could cause any issues? Granted I'm not sure what it could cause but I've had it ever since first building this PC. Totally spaced on it existing lol. Seemingly have the newest drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.