Constant rebooting during boot sequence.

HiNu7

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
So during christmas this problem became more known to me, it ended up being fast boot, disabled it and problem fixed. Now my computer seems to be doing it again.
here is a video of it happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ISnIZdSCIA

i've replaced every part except the mobo & cpu.

my specs are

i7-6700k
16gb ddr4
Corsair 850W
GTX 1080
Asus Strix Z270f as the motherboard.

I've looked at event viewer and see this error the most frequent
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user DESKTOP-D1N1TJI\Mitch SID (S-1-5-21-31078304-1122850008-998895597-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

and this error as well

The AsusFanControlService service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Its either a faulty motherboard, or its one of these errors thats causing a bootloop.
Again, this only happens during the initial boot sequence. I can stay in the bios screen all day if I wanted to, and no reboots would happen.

If anything i'll buy a i7 8700k and a better motherboard thats not Asus.

anyway, im in some dire need of help, and any comments are appreciated. Really hoping someone can shed some light on this.

thanks!

Have you tried to reset the CMOS? Have you updated the BIOS? If it's a hardware issue it may be the motherboard or the RAM. Have you checked the RAM with memtest? Also you should enter into the UEFI/BIOS and try to increase the RAM stability levels by decreasing the Data Rate or increasing the RAM voltage.

If it's a software issue, a windows re-installation may fix this issue. Also logging into windows safe mode and uninstalling some drivers or software (like Asus fan control for example) may help.

Finally you didn't mention anything about your boot drive since it may also be responsible for this issue but not on the same degree as the mobo or RAM. Good luck.

1. Have you updated the BIOS?

2. Have you tryed clear CMOS?

3. What are the CPU temps if you sit idle in BIOS for 10 - 15 minutes?

4. More than one RAM module? if yes take all but 1 out and test. If if fail, then take it out and try a different module. Still fail? Then try a different DIMM slot.

5. The FULL name of your PSU please.

6. Have you tryed booting up in "safe mode" ?

Lets take it from there.

HiNu7

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
I have updated bios, but the issue seems more common when the bios was updated, so I did a rollback on the bios. I have tried clearing cmos, took the battery out. my temps are normal, around 20's -30's Celsius. I have also tried the ram module trick. This happened on my previous PSU as well, which is why I now have a new PSU, but that didnt solve anything. The new PSU is the Corsair TX850m. It'll still do a reboot while loading into safemode. EVen trying to restore windows it'll shit itself. I have done clean installs multiple times too.

HiNu7

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
yeah shame too. Asus doesnt have anything in stock to do an RMA at the moment. Whats the best Z370 board out there for an i7 8600k? perhaps ill get one of those in the coming days/weeks.

I mean I cant be the only one thinking the mobo is the culprit.

No you are not the only one thinking that.

And for the best Z370 board atm... meeehh.... Depends on who you ask.
Asus, Msi, Gigabyte, AsRock

I would pick an high end motherboard from either one of them.
Would not par an 8600k + GTX1080 with a low to mid range motherboard.

HiNu7

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
hmm, well I def dont want to go with Asus after this experience. As much as I want to like Asus, ( they have the best looking mobo's out there) I just dont think I can trust them after this. I know I just got a bad board, but still...im thinking of either MSi or Gigabyte..