constant registry error what could be the cause?

ghostclaws

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
hi there, my problem is that everytime i leave my computer for around 3-5 minutes without having any programs running or doing something, my pc crashes and gives me a registry error.
i am running windows 10. unfortunately i dont have any recent backups. i dont remember installing anything that day, i only remember clicking a utorrent add on accident, but it didnt do anything nor did i get any messages from any program or my anti-virus program. thanks for your time ask me any information if you need it :) <3

Solution
Download the free version of Ccleaner. It has a reputable Registry fixing tool. When you run it, Ccleaner will ask you if you want to save your current Registry configuration. Answer yes and back it up. Then run the Registry fix.

ZippyPeanut

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Download the free version of Ccleaner. It has a reputable Registry fixing tool. When you run it, Ccleaner will ask you if you want to save your current Registry configuration. Answer yes and back it up. Then run the Registry fix.

Solution

ghostclaws

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

im sorry i have no idea what a registry error is, nor do i know what causes it or how to fix it. does clicking on ads create registry error?
i get that youre telling me that thats the cause, but i still dont know how to fix it or what actually went wrong

ghostclaws

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

thank you, as the other guy answered in a rude way i assume this was a dumb question, but i had no idea what to do.
i think it worked :)

ghostclaws

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061416-9078-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x51 (0x1, 0xFFFFC000A459D000, 0x8922E699, 0x2D2)
Error: REGISTRY_ERROR
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe registry error has occurred.
This bug check indicates there is a problem related to your registry.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
see if ccleaner did the fix you needed.

otherwise, run sfc /scannow in command prompt with admin rights

you can also do option one of http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then this step under it: Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

this creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share link here

someone who can read dumps will figure out cause.

ZippyPeanut

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

I feel very sorry for anyone who has to read one of my dumps.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It is amazing what they can work out from them... I need to sit down and figure it out one day. I just work out the most common reasons for things and offer that advice and sometimes that helps the people enough. But registry error linked to kernel, it doesn't hint at what might be cause but its probably another driver, most BSOD are drivers (but not all).

for instance: Update motherboard drivers and see if BIOS is up to date too.