[SOLVED] constant reset

missourigirl61

Honorable
Jan 11, 2015
I hit start, restart this morning b/c printer "said" not connected to desktop, it restarted and had wiped everything off hard drive. I downloaded again some files I have had for long time. Later, shut off computer, got home, and turned computer back on, everything was completely wiped off hard drive again. Can anyone help, do not know what to do.

Solution
So I can do this on my laptop? My laptop has Win 8 on it. But if I can, I put it on USB, then plug USB in my problem computer? I'm not very tech savvy, sorry.

Do the steps I showed on the problem PC. It may not work as PC might just ignore USB.

If you aren't tech savvy, I would get PC repaired by a store as they will at least understand how to boot off the USB., and there could be something broken as its not normal for windows to just wipe itself on a restart.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have more than one hard drive in PC?

because restarting the PC shouldn't wipe windows... or it would be more commonly known feature of the restart process :)

So I wonder if PC is starting and trying to use another hdd instead of your normal one?

missourigirl61

Honorable
Jan 11, 2015
Do you have more than one hard drive in PC?

because restarting the PC shouldn't wipe windows... or it would be more commonly known feature of the restart process :)

So I wonder if PC is starting and trying to use another hdd instead of your normal one?
I only have one Hard drive, actually it's the only drive I have. Right now have downloaded the data recovery software and trying to find all my files, but know they will be gone once I turn off my computer.

missourigirl61

Honorable
Jan 11, 2015
What is your computer? Model number or specs. Was it bought or built?
It is built.
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 @ 3.20GHz Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. Z390-A PRO (MS-7B98) (U3E1)
Graphics
DELL SE198WFP (1440x900@60Hz) 4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (MSI)

Colif

Win 11 Master
see if it really is blank
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

missourigirl61

Honorable
Jan 11, 2015
see if it really is blank
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd
So I can do this on my laptop? My laptop has Win 8 on it. But if I can, I put it on USB, then plug USB in my problem computer? I'm not very tech savvy, sorry.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Do the steps I showed on the problem PC. It may not work as PC might just ignore USB.

If you aren't tech savvy, I would get PC repaired by a store as they will at least understand how to boot off the USB., and there could be something broken as its not normal for windows to just wipe itself on a restart.

Solution