[SOLVED] Constant Resetting

Apr 4, 2020
I recently upgraded my pc having a Geforce GTX 1060 Zotac and my cpu: i7 4770k. This is my first time upgrading so bear with me! I installed my 1060 while my 750 ti drivers in my pc and i tried to update the drivers through the Geforce app then i got the BSOD. Had a couple of friends helping me out and told me to delete the 750 ti drivers first and install the 1060 drivers before popping in the 1060 itself. So after i did all that. I tried to install the drivers from the site. Ive tried the recent drivers from Nvidia back in March 23. Its said it was compatible but it got me the BSOD. Ive tried to install the oldest driver dated back 2019 August. I didnt get the BSOD but instead i keep getting resets and theres no further drivers i could roll back.

My specs are
GPU: Geforece Gtx 1060 Zotac
CPU: i7 4770k 4th Gen
Mobo: Z87-Pro
PSU: Thermaltake 700W

Solution
Did you re-downloaded the graphics driver from the nvidia website itself??
I found the right graphics driver for you....Just re-download the driver here=https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/159091/en-us
1.Uninstall your previous driver you have installed ( AT DEVICE MANAGER)....Under the display adapters tab.Double click on the installed driver then go to the "Driver' tab then select uninstall driver.
2.Then run the new downloaded driver as administrator and install it...see if it works now.
3.See search results at the nvidia Website for your graphics here=https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
3.If still nothing works....i would suggest to RESET your PC and let windows install all your...

Bassplate

Reputable
Have you tried to install the drivers throe windows itself?
Windows update will automatically update the newest display driver for your Gtx 1060....You have to uninstall all display drivers to install your new driver to let your Gtx 1060 work perfectly.

Apr 4, 2020
Windows update will automatically update the newest display driver for your Gtx 1060....You have to uninstall all display drivers to install your new driver to let your Gtx 1060 work perfectly.
I have updated windows to the most recent version. I believe its 1909. Yes i have uninstalled my 750 ti drivers before installing for my 1060 but the current driver for Nvidia is 445 and gave me BSOD. I tried installing older versions, they work but i get this constant reset.
Windows is up to date and does this include the integrated graphics too?

Bassplate

Reputable
Did you re-downloaded the graphics driver from the nvidia website itself??
I found the right graphics driver for you....Just re-download the driver here=https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/159091/en-us
1.Uninstall your previous driver you have installed ( AT DEVICE MANAGER)....Under the display adapters tab.Double click on the installed driver then go to the "Driver' tab then select uninstall driver.
2.Then run the new downloaded driver as administrator and install it...see if it works now.
3.See search results at the nvidia Website for your graphics here=https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
3.If still nothing works....i would suggest to RESET your PC and let windows install all your components drivers from the beginning...resetting your PC helps for many situations including drivers and BSOD....
4.If you don't want to reset your PC....simply just take out your graphics card out of your motherboard and go throe everything again...(Check motherboard connections...clean PCI slot and just double check everything again) Then replace your graphics card carefully back at the PCI slot and check if something worked.

Solution