Question Constant spontaneous resetting / restarting of new build pc

Mar 1, 2020
Hello

Today I tried building my first PC. Specs below.

But the computer keeps restarting randomly. It can happen from seconds to minuttes after turning on and it keeps running in a constant loop. I did succed in installing win 10 and.

While I am in BIOS it does not happen. While in BIOS it stays on.

If I remove the power cable from the graphic card and leave it in the PCI slot it does not restart it stays on. Also if I use another graphic card it does the same thing. The other graphic card is a very old GTS 450
However since there is no integrated graphics in my system besides the graphic card, I can not see if things works normally, but the systems stays on.

So far I have tried taking everything apart and reasembling. I have tried all configurations of 1 and 2 ram cards in all slots. I have tried using another powercable.

It is not like a very hard reset where it says "zap" and everything shuts off. Its like only the OS and the CPU fan turns off and stops. The chase fans doesn't seem to slowdown and the RGB of both the RAM modules and the fans doesn't turn of either.

The LED diagnostic of the motherboard doesn't show anything.
Also there is no internal speaker so I cannot hear any beeping. Since this motherboard uses the LED
I made sure that the motherboard BIOS version is compatible with AMD ryzen 3600
All components are brand new however the CPU had been opened before I could clearly see, but no pins are bend and there are no scrathes or anything visable wrong with it.

I have succesfully updated the BIOS version to the latest from ASUS's webpage also I have updated the CPU driver to the latest version from AMD's webpage
Does anyone of you have a clue why this happens?

In this youtube video at 6:24 the guy says if it stays on after pulling out the graphic card it is usually an indication that the PSU is the problem. For me atleast this seems to be the thing I'm experiencing. If I disconnect the graphic card it stays on. Both the new and old graphic cards. However as stated above I cannot see what happens then.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYW5wqhca7M

Thanks in advance!
CPU: AMD ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ASUS ROG SRIX B450-f gaming ( Bios version: 3003)
RAM: 16 gb (2x8gb )Corsair Vengeance RGB LED Pro Black DDR4 3200 mhz
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromablack
Case: Corsair Carbide 275R Midi Tower black tempered glass with two stock fans
Extra fans: 2x Corsair LL140 LED RGB 140mm with Light loop
SSD: m.2 Crucial P1 CT1000P1SSD8 1TB
Graphic card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 OC grafikkort 6G
PSU: Corsair TX650M 650W

Mar 1, 2020
I have the rams installed in channel A the suggested position of the manual. the second and last ram slot from the CPU.

Currently I have the old GPU in an other PCI slot and it seems to work. It has stayed on for a very long time now. I will try and place my new graphics card in this slot and see if it works. Then I will place the new graphics card in slot 1 again and see what happens.

After this I can try the stock cooler.
Also I don't know what you mean by breadboarded

And thanks for the reply

Mar 1, 2020
The weird thing is that I just tried to place both old and the new graphic cards in another PCI slot. Here everything works. There is no restarting.
Then I took the new graphic card and placed it back in the first PCI slot on the motherboard. Now it works like a charm.

I simply dont understand why it suddenly works when I have tried to dissasemble everything and putting it back together a couple of times.

Any suggestions?