Question Constant Stuttering and Low FPS with a Good PC

Jul 22, 2019
Hi, I recently bought a brand new GeForce GT 1030 2GB DDR5 (Overclocked) and a brand new Gigabyte Z97P-D3 MOBO but everytime I try play any game my FPS constantly drops, my ping sky rockets and my game constantly stutters.
I have installed all the drivers for the GFX card and have installed all up-to-date drivers for every other piece of hardware in my machine but there doesn't seem to be any difference or improvement at all.
I have checked temperatures on my machine and the only thing that stands out that could be an issue is my CPU could be overheating (80-90 degrees Celsius) but surely this wouldn't be the reason why I'm getting such low fps? I have no idea
I've spent days searching for an answer and trying multiple different possibilities but yet nothing works, any video I see with people using the exact same machine; are getting 80-130 FPS constantly so I'm really not sure what the issue is.
Any help is appreciated + PC specs are dropped below

PC Specs
-------------------
GFX Card - GeForce GT 1030 2GB DDR5 (Overlocked)
CPU - Intel- i7 4790
MOBO - Gigabyte Z97P-D3
RAM - 8GB
PSU - 700W
HDD - 1TB (NO SSD)

Jul 22, 2019
I'm pretty sure the paste is okay on the cpu as I only just installed it onto the new motherboard 2 days ago, I will put a different fan on the cpu and see if that makes a difference, I will also reset the overclock and see if it makes a difference

TRENDING THREADS