Constant stuttering in every game I play despite having high fps and low ping

May 17, 2018
The stutters happen about once every second and are most noticeable in CS:GO. They are very short but have a significant impact on game play. They started about two weeks ago and have stayed since. I've looked into the problem already and can't find a solution :/ .

My specs:
CPU : Intel Core i5 4590 @3.3GHz
Motherboard : MSI Z97 Gaming 5
GPU : Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI)
RAM: 16GB DDR3 HyperX Fury @933MHz
SSD: Samsung 750 EVO 120GB
HDD: Seagate 1TB
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Monitor: Dell U2414H (1920x1080, 60Hz)
Mouse: Zowie EC1-B

When I was looking into the problem I found out the problem could be due to RAM. I had been planning on upgrading from 8GB to 16GB for a while so I did it a couple of days ago. The new RAM has been in my PC for a few days and has had no effect on gameplay (still got the same stuttering).
I have also checked the temperature of my CPU, GPU and motherboard whilst in game (using Speccy) and they are all fairly cool.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Solution
My son's been playing CS:GO and Rainbow Six Siege on one of my desktops(i5-4690k, 16GB, GTX 1070 Ti). He has no problem at all playing either game. Granted, the GPU is a bit "more"... but CS:GO is heavily CPU intensive.

When was the last time you checked the HDD/SSD health? www.hdtune.com
In case there is an issue with memory, I'd try www.memtest86.com or memtest.org
May 17, 2018

The only thing that seemed to be consuming a lot of memory was a background process called Antimalware Service Executable (Consuming about 260MB). Everything else seemed fine. CS:GO pushes the CPU usage to about 92-97% (At peak).

Philballer17

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
I used to have a similar setup with an i5 4690k/GTX 970, And i got some stutters here and there too when playing CS:GO. CS:GO is quite CPU demanding. Once I dropped in an i7 4790k, the Stutters disappeared.

May 17, 2018

True but I have had this CPU for just over a year, and the problems only just started a couple weeks ago. I haven't changed any settings in game either.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
My son's been playing CS:GO and Rainbow Six Siege on one of my desktops(i5-4690k, 16GB, GTX 1070 Ti). He has no problem at all playing either game. Granted, the GPU is a bit "more"... but CS:GO is heavily CPU intensive.

When was the last time you checked the HDD/SSD health? www.hdtune.com
In case there is an issue with memory, I'd try www.memtest86.com or memtest.org

Solution