Question Constant white underscore

Aug 6, 2020
My pc was working just fine 2 hours ago I was playing games. I built a desk to I had to unplug it. I re plugged it in and now I can’t even get to my bios screen. Just get a black screen with a constant white underscore. I’m currently using an HDMI because my monitors haven’t come in yet. Tried clearing my cmos. Replacing HDMI, resetting my GPU. Never had this problem before my VGA light is also on my motherboard. Please help. SPECS- Motherboard B450 gaming plus max ( MSI )
GPU- Radeon Rx570
CPU - amd 5 2600
Ram - Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz.
like I said it was working perfectly fine 2 hours ago I’m lost.

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
My pc was working just fine 2 hours ago I was playing games. I built a desk to I had to unplug it. I re plugged it in and now I can’t even get to my bios screen. Just get a black screen with a constant white underscore. I’m currently using an HDMI because my monitors haven’t come in yet. Tried clearing my cmos. Replacing HDMI, resetting my GPU. Never had this problem before my VGA light is also on my motherboard. Please help. SPECS- Motherboard B450 gaming plus max ( MSI )
GPU- Radeon Rx570
CPU - amd 5 2600
Ram - Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz.
like I said it was working perfectly fine 2 hours ago I’m lost.

Since you just built a desktop, I suspect it might be due to loose fittings, what I would suggest is to reseat everything, CPU, RAM, HDD and try to boot up, remove the GPU for now, if ok then plug in GPU and try again.

Aug 6, 2020
Update- I reseated everything. Turned the PC on without the GPU no display VGA light still on. Put the GPU back in and got the black screen with a solid white underscore again. (VGA light still on. ) checked and reseated RAM as well.