Question Constant whitenoise/static/hissing from Headset

NeonStreaks

Honorable
May 22, 2016
Hello!

I've recently built a new PC for myself. Everything works fine except there's this constant hissing/static/whitenoise that I hear through my headset. I am unaware of why this might be happening. I looked up and there are many reasons why this could be happening, such not enough power from the PSU, drivers, faulty headset, damaged cables, etc. My specs are as follows:

MSI Performance B450 Gaming Plus MAX
EVGA 600W PSU
ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1650
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

I believe this is the necessary information to deduce whatever problem may be causing this. I am unsure if audio drivers are the problem since I had to download Nahimic and Realtek audio drivers once I installed the motherboard. I am currently using the front I/O panel for the connection of my Logitech G432 headset. However, if I use the audio splitter and connect the audio jacks into the back I/O panel, the hissing is gone but at the cost of "power" of the headset. What I mean is that the audio is significantly diminished, as well as the mic's ability to be loud. I doubt a faulty headset is the problem here, as well as bad cables. If anyone can provide some help, it would be much appreciated.

popatim

Titan
Since the hissing is gone using the rear jacks it usually means your front panel either has a bad jack or a bad ground.

As for using the rear jacks and getting low audio, you probably need to tell the Realtek App/Driver that's you've plugged in headphones otherwise it assumes powered speakers and only supplies 'Line Out' levels.

NeonStreaks

Honorable
May 22, 2016
Since the hissing is gone using the rear jacks it usually means your front panel either has a bad jack or a bad ground.

As for using the rear jacks and getting low audio, you probably need to tell the Realtek App/Driver that's you've plugged in headphones otherwise it assumes powered speakers and only supplies 'Line Out' levels.
I've did what you suggested for the back panel. It fixed the low "strength," however, there is still static. I use "Listen to this device" for my microphone and the static will never leave me alone. When I stream as well, the static can be heard from my viewers. You think it's a bad ground for both the front and back panel? Please let me know on your thoughts on this. Thank you so much for your time.

popatim

Titan
Don't use listen to this device. If the static is gone then the audio output path is good. The problem is coming from the mice or the mic input path then.
Have you another mic to test with? (defective mic?)
Did you setup the mic properly? (mic gain too high?)

NeonStreaks

Honorable
May 22, 2016
Don't use listen to this device. If the static is gone then the audio output path is good. The problem is coming from the mice or the mic input path then.
Have you another mic to test with? (defective mic?)
Did you setup the mic properly? (mic gain too high?)
I disabled "don't listen to this device." I only did it because my friends were noticing the hissing noise when I was streaming. The hissing does not occur when I disable the feature. I have another microphone that I have and it works fine, no hissing but I bought this new one to replace it. The gain is also not high. I guess I can just ignore it for now but whenever I stream and hear the hissing through the stream it frustrates me a lot.