Question Constantly crashing

May 31, 2022
So I have a gigabite rtx 3080 ti (the white one), a 11900kf, 16 gbs pny 4000 mhrtz ram and a msi z590 tomahawk wifi board evga 1200 w power suply i don't know what to do with this thing anymore I can't run a game with out it crashing with in a few minutes iv tried everything from disabling Realtek drivers to ddu them and even gpu drivers underclocking but no matter what I do it just feels like a $3500 paper weight iv been pc gaming for years and have never ran into this im running windows 11 and to be clear it just crashes to desktop on any game I have over a thousand and any game iv tried so far its just nope

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When parsing specs to your build, you're advised to list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for your platform, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Where did you source the installer for your OS? Conversely, did you manually install all relevant drivers for your platform? Did you install the OS with the internet disconnected?

Reactions: Cattaru and KyaraM

KyaraM

Admirable
Did you try playing games with XMP disabled? DDR4 4000 is quite far outside RAM specs of your CPU, meaning it is ot guaranteed to work and there could be an instability there, too. How long do you have this computer? Did you run another GPU before that worked? Did you test the GPU in another system? It might not even be at fault here.

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012
Sounds like an OS or driver issue. Maybe directx. How many drives do you have? Reason i ask is maybe try a windows 10 build (dont activate it), install drivers, run a game and see if it crashes. If it does, most likely direct x compatibility issue or driver on win 11.

Do you get any error messages ? or is it just a straight crash to the desktop?

One more thing, i know users experience crashing to desktop on GPUs that split their pcie connector from, 1 wire into 2 and share the full 350 watt from one pcie plug. Just confirming you got separate plugs going into each GPU power port?

May 31, 2022

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for your platform, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Where did you source the installer for your OS? Conversely, did you manually install all relevant drivers for your platform? Did you install the OS with the internet disconnected?

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Sorry about not posting the correct way im supper new to toms hardware i haven't ever needed to use a forum for any issues and I manually installed windows 11 from Microsofts website on a USB from a separate computer and I got all drivers from there respective places other then my raid card witch has never caused me problems in the first place.

May 31, 2022
Did you try playing games with XMP disabled? DDR4 4000 is quite far outside RAM specs of your CPU, meaning it is ot guaranteed to work and there could be an instability there, too. How long do you have this computer? Did you run another GPU before that worked? Did you test the GPU in another system? It might not even be at fault here.
This is all fresh parts as of March 26th all from Amazon worked fine for a wile the only thing that im not using from my purchase is the raid card and the motherboard the asus board i got came dead. but I will try disabling the xmp today

May 31, 2022
Sounds like an OS or driver issue. Maybe directx. How many drives do you have? Reason i ask is maybe try a windows 10 build (dont activate it), install drivers, run a game and see if it crashes. If it does, most likely direct x compatibility issue or driver on win 11.

Do you get any error messages ? or is it just a straight crash to the desktop?

One more thing, i know users experience crashing to desktop on GPUs that split their pcie connector from, 1 wire into 2 and share the full 350 watt from one pcie plug. Just confirming you got separate plugs going into each GPU power port?
Yes all power plugs are in from separate power connectors from the psu not on the same cable and no no errors from most games the only game that gives me errors is overwatch and its a directx failure but I will double check the bugs but I'm 99% sure everything is in order ill give windows 10 a try after trying to turn off xmp

May 31, 2022
Okay so the issue has been solved it 100% was windows 11 I went back to 10 and everything works fine xmp works I can now even overclock my cpu thank you for all the suggestions