Constantly disconnecting from my home Wifi.

CharlieKasper

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Hello everyone and a very happy new year.

I have tried looking for a solution for a while but I haven't been able to diagnose the problem entirely.

I have a Lenovo Y50 Laptop with the following wifi adapter - Intel DualBand wireless AC7260.

The problems seems to be that within a few minutes of connecting to my home wifi (which is on 2.4 GHz band), it disconnects and doesn't connect to the same automatically or manually again for quite some time. I have no idea what could be the reason.

EDIT: I would also like to add that sometimes it completely refuses to recognise my home wifi (such as the wifi icon shows that there's no wifi available in the vicinity)

I don't think its the distance since there's another cheaper $300 laptop at the same place that remains connected to the same wifi without any problem.

I would consider it a faulty adapter but it works flawlessly when it connects to my phone's wifi hotspot (which is also on 2.4 GHz band). I have the latest wifi drivers of Lenovo Y50 installed from Lenovo website. I have disabled auto sleep for the wifi adapter from device manager. II have no idea what could be the problem

It's been happening for several months and it got the point that it disconnect every 2 minutes now.

CharlieKasper

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017

I will check and report back.

I would also like to add that sometimes it completely refuses to recognise my home wifi (such as the wifi icon shows that there's no wifi available in the vicinity)

CharlieKasper

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017

Still disconnects, although this time it lasted for more than 15 minutes.

CharlieKasper

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017

It's on maximum. I would swap it but I want to make sure it's really the wifi card. Thing is, every other wifi network works without any problem. It's only my home wifi that's messing up.