Constantly getting BSOD(i suspect Corsair RAM)

xtian63

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
my system is fairly newly rebuilt, a week old on sunday but i keep on getting BSODs when i shut down my PS then 6 hours later when i wake up then turn on my PC i get BSOD and i get different ones, now when i restore(sometimes on restore i BSOD) and lucky enough to restore or when i reinstall windows 7 it works fine for hours on end, iv even left my PC on for 24hours with no problems but as soon as i shutdown and restart i BSOD and try to restore but just an hour ago restore and rienstall windows BSOD themselves so i did not know what was the problem, i suspected my ram because the 2 times i reseated my ram everything works fine but i suspect i will bsod again upon shutdown

i used Windows Memory Diagnostic and Memtest86 when they i get BSOD the results always show Hardware Problem Detected or Error reports, but after a successful restore or reinstall they HAVE NO PROBLEMS OR ERROR reports

what could be the problem?

my motherboard is an MSI 890GXM-G65
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&prod_no=2012

while my memory is:

Model
Brand CORSAIR
Model CMV4GX3M2A1333C9
Type 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
Tech Spec
Capacity 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Speed DDR3 1333
Cas Latency 9
Timing 9-9-9-24
Voltage 1.5V
ECC No
Multi-channel Kit Dual Channel Kit
Features 100% Guaranteed compatibility with all Intel and AMD DDR3 platforms

i was reading this post and pretty much the Memtest86 looks the same:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/273846-30-corsair-cm2x-1024-6400-strikerextreme-need-advice
ad i noticed he ha his memory voltage at 1.9 when his mem spec is 1.8 so the problem is the voltge right so i cecked my BIOS and found this:

xm2v07.jpg

so am i correct to assume my problem is the voltage since being set in AUTO uses 1.6v? or is there anything else causing my problems?
PLEASE i need help badly, if anyone can suggest anything else i would appreciate it

xtian63

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010

i did, settings available were 1.493 and 1.501 and i still got BSODs, went on ahead to return them to Frys and replaced them with DDR3 4gb A-DATA 1600mhz and not errors on Memtest86 and Windows Memory Diagnostics, shutdown and boot up did not have any BSODs as well