[SOLVED] constent BSOD, google crash (and google pages) pc would sometimes restart, game crashes...

Yeetboi.npk

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
Hello, so i have had this problem for a couple of months now.. didn't bother to do anything about it because it costs money and time, and i kinda need my computer.
so i have had constent BSOD, google crash (and google pages) pc would sometimes restart and most game crashes
my pc conifg:
MB: Asrock steel legend b450
GPU: Asus GTX1660 super
CPU: Ryzen R5 2600
PSU: EVGA 750W BQ
HDD: Baracuda 1tb/ 128gb patriot scorch m.2 ssd
RAM: (previously) corsair vengence 2x8gb 3000mhz ddr4 , (only since today 10/05/22) corsair vengence rgb rs 2x8gb 3600mhz (at 3400mhz) ddr4

BSOD error codes:
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
SYSTEN_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (once said "What failed: HdAudios.sys"
MEMORY_MANAGMENT
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

I've had 1 or 2 other codes that I don't remeber but only appeared once

google pages would crash with this error: (very frequently)
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
would be fixed with just restarting chrome

As for the game that won't download, it's gta v, it gives me the error code:
IS-BV04: Build verification failed due to mismatched hash

most of does error code had a cause in common which was faulty memory, so i went ahead and bought new ram, yet it still happened a few times (in the past 3hours or so since i only got the ram today)
So im just asking, before i send it to a repair shop, if it could be caused by anything else, hdd, ssd? mb? cpu?

PS: I've done a factory reset already so i'm pretty sure it isn't caused by software.
And i've already switched out most parts since i built my pc appart for my hdd, and ssd
Thank you for your time and any help i can get.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello, so i have had this problem for a couple of months now.. didn't bother to do anything about it because it costs money and time, and i kinda need my computer.
so i have had constent BSOD, google crash (and google pages) pc would sometimes restart and most game crashes
my pc conifg:
RAM: (previously) corsair vengence 2x8gb 3000mhz ddr4 , (only since today 10/05/22) corsair vengence rgb rs 2x8gb 3600mhz (at 3400mhz) ddr4

BSOD error codes:
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
MEMORY_MANAGMENT
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED...
my pc conifg:

BSOD error codes:
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
MEMORY_MANAGMENT
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

I've had 1 or 2 other codes that I don't remeber but only appeared once

google pages would crash with this error: (very frequently)
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
would be fixed with just restarting chrome

As for the game that won't download, it's gta v, it gives me the error code:
IS-BV04: Build verification failed due to mismatched hash

most of does error code had a cause in common which was faulty memory, so i went ahead and bought new ram, yet it still happened a few times (in the past 3hours or so since i only got the ram today)
So im just asking, before i send it to a repair shop, if it could be caused by anything else, hdd, ssd? mb? cpu?

PS: I've done a factory reset already so i'm pretty sure it isn't caused by software.
And i've already switched out most parts since i built my pc appart for my hdd, and ssd
Thank you for your time and any help i can get.
follow this step by step in order (read till end):

• Go to bios, disable xmp and run normally
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios, then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot.

• Install the latest gpu driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
I prolly could help on the memory, could you give an info on thaiphoon burner read, zentimings read, and look what ver. did you got (it's underneath the ram label sticker barcode usually)

Last edited:
Solution

Yeetboi.npk

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
Hello, and thanks for the reply,
first off, i wanted to ask how am i supposed to download chipset drivers without internet?
As for the bios, i know you need a flash drive but last time i tried updating the bios( about a year or so) it didn't work.
And for the ram version:
(previous ram which the error started on):
CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 ver 4.32
(newer ram since yesterday)
CMG16GX4M2D3600C18 ver 5.32

Last edited:
Hello, and thanks for the reply,
first off, i wanted to ask how am i supposed to download chipset drivers without internet?
As for the bios, i know you need a flash drive but last time i tried updating the bios( about a year or so) it didn't work.
And for the ram version:
(previous ram which the error started on):
CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 ver 4.32
(newer ram since yesterday)
CMG16GX4M2D3600C18 ver 5.32
Sorry to be unclear, you need to download the needed files first, then do the steps :D

so you only using the CMG16GX4M2D3600C18 ver 5.32 ones? did you only enable xmp and left it like that? your 3600mhz ram kit is using Hynix CJR (or C Die) which is pretty ok below 4133mhz, but i need to get info of your zentimings read and post it here.

Yeetboi.npk

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
Sorry to be unclear, you need to download the needed files first, then do the steps :D

so you only using the CMG16GX4M2D3600C18 ver 5.32 ones? did you only enable xmp and left it like that? your 3600mhz ram kit is using Hynix CJR (or C Die) which is pretty ok below 4133mhz, but i need to get info of your zentimings read and post it here.

Hello and thanks again,
for the ram, no i haven't activated XMP because it seems to crash the pc every time i try to put it at 3600mhz with xmp so i left it at 3400mhz and auto on,
and im sorry but i have no clue what thaiphoon burner read and zentimings read, if you could tell me how to find it i'll gladly send it as soon as i find it thank you.

Yeetboi.npk

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
Nevermind, won't need the zentimings after all, updating the bios and following your instructions suffised, thank you very much! computer all fixed now havent gotten a blue screen since i update the bios.

Reactions: Koekieezz