Question Consultation - Crucial P2 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD with QLC Chip

miller84

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2013
Hello guys
I need your opinion please.
I purchased on Amazon UK two units of Crucial P2 1TB NVMe for my new PC, it was a good deal, around 80$ for each including shipping (Sold by Amazon EU)
Because I trust Amazon and this is not my first purchase from them and I know that P2 are great SSDs I didn't suspect anything and I was sure that I just got lucky founding this great deal so I placed an order
without thinking twice but almost a week ago I read this article (Unsavory Flash Swap: Re-Testing Crucial’s P2 SSD After QLC Downgrade | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com) ) and I got shocked and angry.
First of all because I didn't expect from Crucial to make such move and second I'm sure that Amazon lowered the price exactly for this reason without mentioning anything regarding the chip replacement, can't prove this ofcourse
but it can't be a coincidence! There is a UK/CA mark on the product label as mentioned in the article.
My question now is what should I do with them? They are sealed in their original packages. Is the performance and durability as bad as described?
Leave them and use them and take comfort in the fact that I did not pay the full price for them or should I try to reach Amazon/Crucial to find out what they have to say about it?
I'm going to use the new PC for office and internet and also for gaming, not heavy gaming but still, wanna be able to run Call Of Duty, PUBG, etc...
Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:

miller84

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2013
Ordered on Aug 14 and received today. Yes they are unopened. Should I contact Amazon or Crucial for RMA request? What should I demand? Refund or replacement to other model?