[SOLVED] Contact Surface of Cryorig H7 with Ryzen 3700x

Dru-Zod

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2016
Hello, the Cryorig H7 is listed as compatible with H7 Ryzen 3700 (https://pangoly.com/en/review/amd-ryzen-7-3700x/compatibility/cpu-cooler) and indeed the mounting braket of the H7 fits perfectly fine the AM4 AM4 (also AM3 and 115x sockets). I am about to installa a Cryorig H7 with my ryzen 3700x, but I can see with my own eyes that the contact surface of the H7 does not fully cover the contact surface of the ryzen 3700x. Will it work just fine? I am afraid that the 2 sides of the ryzen 3700x will have temperature issues as those won't be fully covered by the H7. Thanks in advance.

Solution
It seems that cooler isn't exactly the best choice to go with the that CPU. If you can try to get as much of the air cooler contact plate to touch the right side of the CPU as much as possible, that's where your Ryzen cores are located and thus it'll be much hotter over there (although innovative the Ryzen chiplet design does have it's flaws with how temperature is spread throughout the IHS since they are not placed in the middle of the CPU substrate).
It seems that cooler isn't exactly the best choice to go with the that CPU. If you can try to get as much of the air cooler contact plate to touch the right side of the CPU as much as possible, that's where your Ryzen cores are located and thus it'll be much hotter over there (although innovative the Ryzen chiplet design does have it's flaws with how temperature is spread throughout the IHS since they are not placed in the middle of the CPU substrate).

Solution