Question Contemplating is Over 2080 Ti Custom Loop Full Loop is Done

Hi Guy's
I recently bought a used Evga Rtx 2080 Ti Ftw3 Ultra with a Ekwb Quantum Vector Nickle+Plexi block and Ek backplate.

Maybe time for a new Adventure???????

So would a Corsair Hydro Xd5 pump and a
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 280mm Radiator all be compatible
Metal mixing wise?
And if they are Ok what additive ? ,
would you add to help prevent any growth or galvanic corrosion.

I know there are more popular pumps but I have a Corsair H150i Elite Capellix with the Commandeer Core on my 3600x so I'm already running Icue.
The temp sensor I don't think will hook to it but my mobo will take care of that.

My specs are in my signature but don't know if they so up when doing this on my phone.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
My specs are in my signature but don't know if they so up when doing this on my phone.
Please find it in your heart to parse the specs to your build in the body of your thread. Reason behind that is sig space specs can and will change over time and when that does happen, this thread and it's relevant suggestions will end up moot to the person in the same boat as you're in at the moment.

If I were you, I'd stick to an all EKWB loop to avoid any nickel chipping/flaking and perhaps keep the OCD part of me happy with an all EKWB affair. As it stands the parts you've chosen are going to be fine, just need to add fittings, provided you chose the pump/res combo from the xd5 lineup. If not, then add a reservoir.

You could just go for an AIO slapped on with a GPU bracket route...one that NZXT make courtesy of the G12's.

Hang on, are you contemplating adding the watercooling parts to an AIO via modding? If so, please stop.

Thank You for responding.

System specs are
Asus Rog Strix x470 F Gaming
Amd R5 3600x
Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm
G.skill Trident Z Royal Gold 3600 2x8
16 16 16 36
Evga Rtx 2080 ti Ftw3 Ultra 11g
Corsair Rm850x Gold
Samsung 970 Evo plus M.2 500gb
Samsung 870 Evo 1Tb sata
Samsung 860 Evo 250gb sata
Seagate Barracuda 3Tb hdd
Thermaltake F31 Suppressor case
ASUS VG27WQ1B TUF Gaming 27" WQHD 165Hz

Parts in main question are
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vector-ftw3-rtx-2080-ti-rgb-nickel-plexi

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...-XD5-RGB-Pump-Reservoir-Combo/p/CX-9040002-WW

https://modmymods.com/alphacool-nexxxos-xt45-full-copper-280mm-radiator-14169.html

And then yes assorted fittings to connect and soft tubing.

Don't want to go to a G12 style as vrm's and memory doesn't get cooled that well.

Any thoughts on Mayhems X1 Clear?
Thank You Again for Responding!!!!

Last edited:

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It's a DDC-like pump (SPC is based on DDC) and isn't quite as powerful as a DDC, but is not terrible. I think it is similar to the ones that they have used for their expandable AIO lines in the past like the Phoenix and the Predator series....along those lines.

It is meant to be a small, simple loop pump so if you are planning to expand in the future, consider a DDC or D5 pump. Otherwise, this one is probably fine for most people. For my loops, I really want high flow rates and I only buy DDC or D5's and that's all I use.

The Corsair HydroX stuff is really good - I've done a review on it https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-hydro-x-series-watercooling-kit,6290.html

The pump is D5, the radiators are high-end and built as a partnership with HW Labs. Google them, they've been on the watercooling scene for a long time.

I run EK stuff in my loop right now, but I've run a large variety of components - there are a lot of great radiators out there - all sizes and thicknesses, so don't get stuck thinking you only need to match things. Alphacool makes some fantastic radiators and components also....all copper rads (I'm working on a radiator roundup from them). Check out Performance-PCs.com - this is where I always go first and foremost to look for components...they have the largest selection I've found and pricing is good.

I'm always up for a great watercooling loop build discussion.

Reactions: Eximo
Thank You !!!!!
As always Very Informative.

The Xd5 is my first consideration as I'm already running Icue with the H150i Elite Capellix .

As to the rad first thought was the
https://modmymods.com/alphacool-nexxxos-xt45-full-copper-280mm-radiator-14169.html

But have thoughts to whether setting up a drain point on 1 of the lowest fittings would drain both sides of the rad or just 1 side the way the end of the tank is set up requiring 2 drains?

As far as fans go I would reuse my Noctua IPPC's 3000rpm which are already being control by the corsair commander core and Icue.

Fittings well I like the thought of compression fittings over clamp style but they do add a bit more to the cost.
But as stated part of my cost I already have less to purchase with the Ek Quantum Vector Nickle/plexi coming with the 2080 ti that the owner had on the card and my 2 Noctua's.

Fittings availability or stock at the time will depend on brand but I do want to stay as much as possible to 1 brand.

This is not a necessity because of a heat issuse from the 2080 ti as right now Gpu-z is reporting 40.9c idle and during hrs of Ghost Recon Wildlands with a slight undervolt it stays @60-62c on pretty much max settings (1440p) with the clocks staying @2070-2085mhz.

So i would be looking to do this to maintain the most It could give without any Oc or undervolt during.
(From other forums ) depending on which bios it has would help determine if it would work up to 2200mhz.

From what I can tell it has the 373w bios and don't feel I will ever mess with the bios for it, so 2150 + should be able to be sustained and only I can determine whether the cost would be worth 80 to 100 mhz more sustained.

But this would also be my first custom loop Adventure.

Thank You again for your Reviews and Time!!!!!.

Last edited:
Hey Guy's just wanted to say the 2080 ti custom loop is still in the back of the brain.
Have been waiting and watching the reports on the Ryzen 3d cpu's.
May go to a 5000 cpu depending on the 3d reports and prices dropping for the 5600x / 5800x.
The 2080 ti is doing a fine Job!!!!!! Where it's at.
It maintains 2055mhz to 2085mhz (room temp dependent) on 1440p ultra during hrs of Ghost Recon Wildlands and Breakpoint Motherlands
With the cpu in the mid 40's c.

So wait and see what reviews/price and summer temps have in store.

Later Guy's

Update
The Contemplating is Over.

I have bought parts and waiting for shipment, except for the pump which I will order in a month or so.
I will most likely order it from Corsair.
So I ordered
An Alphacool NexXxoS Ut60 280mm.
3/8x1/2 inch hose, All Alphacool Compression fittings / Quick Disconnects, Thermal Grizzly Minus 8 pads in the sizes Ek calls for of .5mm, 1mm, 1.5mm 8w/mk.
I tried finding all the same brand on verious sites but the only site that had all the same verity was Titan Rig in this flavor.
I hope they will be ok, only assembly and testing will prove weither they are good or not.
I still plan on the Corsair Xd5 pump/res combo 330ml - 800l/h 2.1m head and for now will set the rad up for external cooling.
The Xd5 will be connected the the Corsair Commander Core which will be able to control the pump speed in Icue.
The thermal sensor that comes with the pump will be hooked to the mobo thermal sensor header and readings will be from hwinfo64.
The Noctua's will be in push/pull and also be hooked to the Commander Core which can be set to run Fixed rpm/fixed %, or custom curve based off the temp of the Gpu in Icue.
I currently have my 2 front intake fans hooked to the CmdrCore which ramp up from 1200rpm @ idle based on the gpu temp in Icue on a custom curve.

Who Knows I should see some better temps and maybe a little more headroom with the Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm on my New 5900x going with the loop external. ( Not that there bad now, Not a case idles 34-36c, in game low 50's c and Cb r23 tops out at 74-76c )

When it's time to do something with the H150i as it's only 1yr old, I will look into adding a cpu block and a 360 rad into the loop Maybe?

The pads was a hidden cost I didn't plan on before, but knowing there are some pads left from the previous owner, I planned for there not to be enough so should be good pad wise for the amount when it's time for teardown and setup.

I will probably be doing this in July while I will be on Vacation to have plenty of time,
After I upgrade My Son's rig to a 5600x
( It Has Been VERY Hard sitting on His Bday Present since December. )
Fingers xxxxx on his Msi B450 Pro Carbon Ac ( Have read there was some issues, not so much here on TH but other forums Msi the most. )

Once I feel his is ok I will start on the loop.
And will post some results.

Take Good Care Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a full Corsair loop(see sig). I built it 2 years almost to the day. It's been drained only once for a motherboard swap 2 weeks after being built. I never added anything to the coolant, just straight Corsair brand. I rinsed the radiators out with distilled water prior to assembly. The blocks and lines still look clean to this day. Have it set near silent and GPU & CPU sit @ 55°C on average while gaming. I can crank the fans up a bit and temps drop a fee degrees. Not worth the extra noise IMO.

Thank You
Good to know on the No additive and somewhat of a temp forecast when / if I decide to go Full loop.
Ya definitely plan on rinsing out the rad and the wb.
I didn't ask the previous owner what if anything he used in his loop but not seeing anything alarmmig from the Wb.

Right now the H150i is doing a Great Job on the 5900x.
Only during a good stress test do I hear those fans kit up,
But the 2080 ti and those front Noctua's Oh Ya !!! Which I let them kick up to about 1800rpm but I also play with a headset on LOL.

I'm really hoping this 280x60 will not make me run those fans too high.
The gpu @47c during gaming at times when I have the room A/c set low or just on fan this winter here in Denver would hit 2100mhz during most of the game but thats also with those front Noctua's kicked up and the stock air cooler on the Gpu cranked + undervolted.
On average it plays at 58-63c 2055 to 2070mhz all night long.

1300-1600rpm on those Noctua's is a sweet Pur for me and anything on up, well I know I put those in for a reason as long as they Are Doing their Job I will put up with them.

How do you think I will fair Temp Wise with the Ut60 280mm with the Noctua IPPC's 3000rpm on the 2080 ti Only loop @ those rpms??

Looks like all the parts will be delivered by next Monday.

Been thinking My son's h110i is approaching it's 5yr mark on it's warranty.
It still runnig good with no issues as yet but ????

I could get a Cpu block and a 360mm for a little over plus a Corsair Commander Core Xt to go with mine, for
what I would pay for a New H150i for his.

So that would set me up on a full loop with a 360 and the 280 and move my H150i into his on the 5600x which is in a case the same as mine.

Hmmmm?????? Gears are Spinning LOL

Update

I decided to go ahead to a full loop and put my Corsair H150i Elite Capellix in my son's when I put his 5600x in.

So the full loop will consists of
1- Alphacool NexXxos XT45 420 rad 45mm External
1- Alphacool NexXxos Ut60 280 60mm
In case in front ( I have enough fans for P/Pull if needed on this rad )
All fans will be The Noctua NF-A14 IPPC'S 3000rpm on both Rads
All Alphacool fittings
Corsair Xd5 pump
Corsair Xc7 pro cpu block
Corsair Commander Core Xt
for Icue control
Ek Quantum Vector Nickle Plexi Wb

Looking forward to my new Adventure!!!!!!!!

Reactions: drivinfast247
July can't get here fast Enough!!!!!!!! LOL
for my Vacation to set this Full Loop into full motion.

I rinsed both my Rads and drained them through a Keurig coffee filter and found NO debris, So Alphacool has listened to their customers and Reviewers or I Just Got LUCKY.
I also ordered a sata powered fan hub to plug into the Corsair Commander Core Xt as my Noctua fans may draw to much from the CC XT if on splitters.
https://www.newegg.com/thermaltake-ac-023-an1nan-a1-black/p/N82E16811999340?Item=9SIAP3JGTK1036
I like this 1 because of it being sata powered and because of no exposed contact points over cheaper priced hubs.
If I don't have to run P/Pull on the 280 Ut 60 then I should be able to use the CC Xt 6 fan channels for 5 fans and 1 for the XD5 pump pwm.

PS
I have Flipped the rad over in the 2nd pic on the last post so the top fill port is at the top now.

Have A Great Weekend EveryBody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was able to take some time yesterday to check some measurements and pump/res mounting options.

I will still be waiting until actually starting this project in July.
With the gpu block on clearance depending the pump may be inside, if not the pump/res will be mounted on the rear fan back of case.
A couple pro/cons of that
Easy visual coolant level
Easy top off
But Must be extra careful when moving case around.

On the 280x60 in the front.

With push/pull thats 110mm/4.33in with both fans and rad on the inside of the fan wall.
Close to my Nvidia Power link but still has clearance.

Other option 1st fan outside of fan wall closer to the intake filter and rad / 2nd fan inside fan wall 85mm/3.34in.

Still have an option to add a 360 up top if needed, And at that time may go to a Thermaltake Core x71 case.
https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Certified-Computer-CA-1F8-00M1WN-02/dp/B01N4R021Q

More update to come
Have A Great Weekend Everyone!!!!!!!!

Just a Quick update!!!
My Custom Loop Adventure will begin next Sunday.
It's been just as hard sitting on all the parts for my loop as it has been sitting on my son's 5600x for his birthday!!!!!.

If all goes well I should have some testing time before returning to work on Sat the 30th will post some pics and stats when I get all dialed in.

Hope Everyone has had A Great Weekend!!!!!!!!
Later!!!!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The AlphaCool rads are very low restriction rads, which is good, but show very little performance increase above @ 1.0gpm, so don't think you'll need to run the pump flat out at all times, it'll not make much, if any, difference above 1.5gpm.

What's more important is the fans. The AlphaCools scale very well with rpm, especially above @ 1800rpm, almost doubling the wattage compared to under 1000rpm. You'll get @ 400w+ out of the XT45 @ 1500rpm and 1.0gpm. In push. Push/pull doesn't really do much because of the 12 fpi and easy airflow. Just becomes noise at that point.

Good Evening / Morning by the time you read this.
Thanks for the info.

The 280x60 at this present plan will be push/pull inside the case.

The 420x45 is external and in push as I could not find rad filters I liked, to allow the fans to be in pull mode.
Keeping Dust Bunnies out of the rad is a huge concern.

I know Hw Labs are much better but also have more restriction and at the time of getting the parts I had to use 3 different sites just to stay somewhat close to the same brand of parts.
It seemed the most that was in stock was Alphacool products.

It will be totally different for me to run say Cbr23 and something like Unigene SuperPosition running at the same time to see what this can or can not handle.
If needed I can still add a 360 in the top.

Definitely not looking to set any records but would like steady temps/clocks.

I have seen the 5900x hitting 5.050mhz at times gaming (usually4.8 -4.9 gaming scene dependent) @ low to mid 50's c with the H150i, (Ppt,Tdc, Edc limits set and Co set) the Gpu ranges steady at 2050 to 2070mhz @57 to 62c on it's stock air cooler with a slight undervolt.
Back in the winter I was able to see 2100mhz but I had play in a t-shirt and sweat shirt on, the room was chilly.

The next few weeks should tell alot!!!!
Fingers XXXXX
Thank You Again!!!!!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just remember, a full custom loop isn't about getting the lowest temps possible, it's all about range management. The Ryzens really like the 60-65° range the best, below that isn't really doing them any favors. So having a loop, that's about where it should be maintaining the temp under loads.

Coolant temp is going to be the major player there, as the coolant warms up, it loses ability to absorb the wattage as much, so temp range goes up. Normal coolant ranges will be ambient to @ 40°C. If it's climbing above that, with your equipment, there's an issue somewhere.

But looks good so far. Pay close attention to flow direction, especially on the cpu block, gotta keep inlets and outlets right.

Good Morning
Thanks Again!!!

Ya - the Corsair xc7 pro clearly indicates flow direction and the Ek Wb say's it can go either way with minimal temp differences.
But Ya not going to go against the grain.

I wanted to get a Alphacool flow meter but Alphacool was the only 1 that had it in stock at almost $77.00 just for shipping +$35 for the part but at this time I will deal without out 1.

Reading in the OverClockers forum flow meters were bought up and found a thread that talk about finding the basement floor for pump rpm/flow rate by setting the idle side minimum by lowering the rpm down till temp begins to raise then take it back up till it stabilizes.
Then run the most load I can on cpu/gpu at the same time running the pump rpm at max or till bubbles appear again lowering pump rpm till the temp start climbing then take rpm up just a little bit now the ceiling has been set so the pump won't be over working for No real benefit.
Where that lands as far as gpm I won't really know till I get a actually flow meter.

I'am Really Looking Forward To this Adventure and the Icue software will help keep the controls I have gotten use to with the ability of live readings of coolant temp along with pump/fan rpm control.

Thanks Again!!!!

Time for a quick trip to Arcadia, Wi and then Play Time Begins!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys

The Loop is Completed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please keep in mind this Is Not a Show Case.
But I do want another case to accommodate the loop with less mess.
I have had this case since the
Fx6350 / Gigabyte fxa990ud3 days.

View: https://m.imgur.com/a/3H5mvk7

The 5900x is currently running cb r23 runs @67c.
Gaming it runs 53-55c with the 2080 Ti running 40-43c @2115mhz.
So the cpu is about 10c lower then the H150i EC and the Gpu is 20-23c lower then the air cooler.
Ambient temp still 22-24 maybe 25c and thats by a cheap hardware store thermometer. ( +/-)
I added 1 of the temp probes at the front of the case in front of the 280mm and Icue is showing incoming air temp 1-2c lower then the thermometer.

Still in the works of fine tunig,
fans are set to approx 1450 rpm with the Xd5 on a curve starting at 50% of it's 4800 rpm
and climb 10% per 2c rise in coolant temp.
I can not at this time give a gpm rate but a flow meter is on my list when back in stock.

It took approximately 1625mls straight distilled water to fill the loop.
More to come.

Have a Great Day Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!

Kinda wondering if I should be expecting that running Cbr23 and Unigene Heaven at the same time there is a 25-26c difference between Cpu and Gpu temps.
Neither 1 is in a danger zone by any means, but the Cpu ran @74c while the Gpu was @48c.
View: https://imgur.com/a/QzI5gww

Running both @The same time is not a normal situation, and should I look at it as the loop can handle an extreme load and handle it in a safe temp zone for both ?

During a long gaming session the temp difference is only abont 5-7c between them as reported by Msi AB on screen during.

Loop order if you need is:
Pump out to Gpu out to 280x60 out to Cpu out to 420x45 and back to the pump.
Corsair Coolant temp sensor monitoring temps @ the pump.

TRENDING THREADS