Have just tried to update my Java but installation failed as a file in
Content.IE5 folder could not be found. This folder should be in the
Temporary Internet folder but it does not exist, and I believe it is a
System folder. Windows does not allow me to create a new one using File |
New. Can anyone tell me how to get this folder back please?

Many thanks in advance.

"cggroucho" <colin.gough@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Have just tried to update my Java but installation failed as a file in
> Content.IE5 folder could not be found. This folder should be in the
> Temporary Internet folder but it does not exist, and I believe it is a
> System folder. Windows does not allow me to create a new one using File |
> New. Can anyone tell me how to get this folder back please?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Have you tried typing this in the Run dialog box to see if the folder is
there. Content.ie5 is super hidden.

"%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\content.ie5"

--
William

Many thanks William - solved my problem

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "cggroucho" <colin.gough@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Have just tried to update my Java but installation failed as a file in
>> > Content.IE5 folder could not be found. This folder should be in the
>> > Temporary Internet folder but it does not exist, and I believe it is a
>> > System folder. Windows does not allow me to create a new one using
>> > File
> |
>> > New. Can anyone tell me how to get this folder back please?
>> >
>> > Many thanks in advance.
>> >

>> Have you tried typing this in the Run dialog box to see if the folder is
>> there. Content.ie5 is super hidden.
>>
>> "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\content.ie5"
>>
> Many thanks William - solved my problem

You're welcome.

--
William